another CLS500 done today

TINT

Guest ccpros1

did one of these today.. not too bad.. just had to use my EXTRA slippery solution to get the film to slide nicely.

after positioning the film I squeegied as regular, used the Conquetador. or whatever to get as far down as possible. then used a long flat plastic thingi to push the deck down far enough to use the bulldozer and sideswiper.

Guest Keepitreel

I did one yesterday and this is the second one for me in a month.But both off them were giving me issues on the rear defrosters.they both seem to have bubbles forming on the rear defrost lines.anyone have this same issue and what did you do to fix it?

DSC01442.jpg

Guest haroldshouseoftint

if you are talking about spikes popping off of the defrost lines, take some steel wool and clean the defrost lines really good, or back blade them, I don't sugest that unless you are very very comfotable with a blade, then you shouldn't have too many issues with it, also just noticed where you are located, cold weather doesn't help it either but I'd say its because the def lines are thicker in some spots than others :beer hope it helps you out :hmmm

All of the ones that I've tinted, about 20 so far, the light doesnt touch the glass, its close, but not touching. I just tint it as usual, the tint slides right down there no prob. Then I squeegy out the whole glass as far as I can. Next, I use my hand and push the light down and with the other hand, I squeegy as much as I can.

Then:

The Tools I use, are The SideSwiper, Slim Foot, and 2 12" white with black squeegys cut at an angle (I'm not sure of the name). Use the handle of the SideSwiper to hold down the brake light, then use the black and whites to get way down, also the Slim Foot works good for getting down there.

It takes a few minutes to get it, but it sure beats 3 hrs to pull the deck!! If anyone has any questions, give me a call.

:hmmm

We've done six or seven exactly the same way but with a slight difference.

Instead of using your hand to push the brake light back shelf down we use a few rubber wedges. As longs as your careful put one wedge in after pushing down with your hand then then place the other rubber wedge a little further in. It gives you plenty of room to use the big foot/slimfoot. Then remove and use for the other side of barke light.

NB this takes place after you have pushed out as much water as you can using traditional method. CLS are now no problem. :beer

Guest tintious

For the third brake lights try useing a "Bull Dozer" , its a big white squege and works very well. On civics, gradprix on practicly any vehicle with the third brake light in the back dash

:beer

except customer was somewhat in a hurry, so I told him I had to cut aroudn the brake light, as some of you know, these things take forever to get out....last time it almost took us 3 hours just to remove the rear deck..anyway, here you go for sharing. it was done in GLOBAL's quick dry plus 50% and 05%

PICTURE 1

PICTURE 2

PICTURE 3

Great job bro. beer? LOL!!!!

Archived