Gap or no gap?

Guest Shady

Do you completely film the side drop glass windows and file the top edge off or do you leave a small gap along the top edge?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you completely film the side drop glass windows and file the top edge off or do you leave a small gap along the top edge?

• I file along the top edge.
    • I leave a small gap.
    • It depends on how im feeling that day.

Guest tint rookie
I filed every car I did for the first year or so after I learned how. nobody really noticed unless I said "hey look at this nobody else does it"... well do this day im still the only person withing 80 miles of my shop that can do it the right way but no one notices and they wont pay extra and it takes me longer so I don't really do it as much.

[*]331603

point it out to them before they leave. the world is full of idiots going around not noticing whats right under (in this case beside) their noses.

their 1st roll down they will be noticing if you tell l them you went the extra mile for em, and in turn be telling their friends.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have proven on my own vehicles, that shaving with a blade will eventually cause the film to loosen up at the top (after a couple of years that is). Maybe I am not using the proper angle on the blade or something, but I will stick to filing or a micro-gap for customer's cars.

Guest Retro Tint
here ' ya go

retro

noob.jpg

:lol2

[*]331361

Do you file as needed or always? :popcorncuz the back was set.

[*]331365

I only file when the windows are different from the driver and passenger side

...'cause I double cut, and double shrink all my roll-ups and quarters.

cuz the back was set :whisper

it don't set 'till I set it...I make the slip work that magic

then carefully squeegee side-to side...wax on, wax off

and set it with heat and a hard card wrapped in a shop towel

[*]331367

By set I mean set in place ( not to be shaved or filed ) :? Looked good dude! :lol2

Archived