question about tinting windshields

Guest snookumsthacat

Guest snookumsthacat

hi, I have 20" wide tint and alot of it. My question is, is it possible to tint a 30" windshield by combining 2 sheets of tint to fit the windsheild, while not being noticeable?

It is possible to do a butt seam that will be less noticeable, but tinting windshields is not legal anywhere and is a safety issue as well. Not to mention your insurance company may deny claims if there is !llegally tinted glass on your car.

Police will stop you and ticket you for it, not to mention using it as an excuse to violate your privacy rights.

Laminated windshields already block UV light, so there is no need to tint them if you are trying to block UV.

Windshields are also meant to have a little "give" when you are in an accident, tinting them will reduce that give and lead to more severe injuries.

Reducing visibility through your windshield may also lead to accidents, especially at night.

Please don't tint your windshield.

Guest snookumsthacat
It is possible to do a butt seam that will be less noticeable, but tinting windshields is not legal anywhere and is a safety issue as well. Not to mention your insurance company may deny claims if there is !llegally tinted glass on your car.

Police will stop you and ticket you for it, not to mention using it as an excuse to violate your privacy rights.

Laminated windshields already block UV light, so there is no need to tint them if you are trying to block UV.

Windshields are also meant to have a little "give" when you are in an accident, tinting them will reduce that give and lead to more severe injuries.

Reducing visibility through your windshield may also lead to accidents, especially at night.

Please don't tint your windshield.

[*]382048

well I guess your right, because I used to have a civic that I bought with the windshield tinted. I had soo much trouble seeing the headlights on the street that I got a citation for not having my headlights on one night.

This however still serves me a purpose with the rear windshield. I would still need to tint that, otherwise my prelude would look pretty dumb. is there anywhere I can find a tutorial on this butt technique? better yet, are there any tutorials here on how to tint auto glass as a whole? id just like to see one to make sure I do everything correctly and to perfect the install. - thanks

:spit You should never do the whole windshield, it is !llegal!!

But if you do, again it is !llegal, dont seam it, it will be too obvious that it is tinted. The whole idea is to do it light enough so that is not that noticeable, and you can still see out of it. Again, it is !llegal!!

Guest snookumsthacat

what I meant was the rear window (rear windshield).. the front is fine... I atleast need the rear windshield to be tinted though... im sure its not going to be very dark anyway.. its only 50% madico bronze tint.

Archived