2007 escalade

VIP tint + glass

you guys usually put !llegal jobs on blast. if they want a legal jopb they get it. but 98% of the stuff we do has !llegal fronts on it. they dont want to pay for 85% on their fronts. here you can put anything on the rear but I encourage them to go with something lighter like 20% or 15% on the rear. cops can see through the rear so they dont even look at the fronts. if you have limo on the rear and the cop cant see in, he'll be looking at those fronts for sure. at least thats what I tell my customers. I know you guys think it messes up the industry but to be completely honest; I'm in this for the money. its good money, my customerrs are very happy, and I enjoy working on cars.

you guys usually put !llegal jobs on blast.  if they want a legal jopb they get it.  but 98% of the stuff we do has !llegal fronts on it.  they dont want to pay for 85% on their fronts.  here you can put anything on the rear but I encourage them to go with something lighter like 20% or 15% on the rear.  cops can see through the rear so they dont even look at the fronts.  if you have limo on the rear and the cop cant see in, he'll be looking at those fronts for sure.  at least thats what I tell my customers.  I know you guys think it messes up the industry but to be completely honest; I'm in this for the money.  its good money, my customerrs are very happy, and I enjoy working on cars.

[*]382706

Man I could not have said it better. I try to push the legal, but it is hard to turn away the cash.

VIP, thanks for the tip on the escalade. You said you pull most panels and or rubbers, not satisfied with the ol tuck behind the seal method? I get tired of pulling panels, but I think it just makes the job look that much cleaner when I do. I guess I'm set in my ways as well.

ive always challenged my tucking friends at who can tint the window faster and cleaner. by the time im done putting the rubber back in my buddy is still heating out his tuck creases. if you use a non metallic thin film it is easier than the thick metallic we use if you tuck. plus I have a guy pull the panels and scrape all the windows for me.

ive always challenged my tucking friends at who can tint the window faster and cleaner.  by the time im done putting the rubber back in my buddy is still heating out his tuck creases.  if you use a non metallic thin film it is easier than the thick metallic we use if you tuck.  plus I have a guy pull the panels and scrape all the windows for me.

[*]382764

I tried to teach my new guy how to pull panels today, it is going to be my new challenge :uh , I think in a month, if he lasts that long, I will show him how to scrape. Where's my advil.

Guest tintgod
VIP, thanks for the tip on the escalade. You said you pull most panels and or rubbers, not satisfied with the ol tuck behind the seal method? I get tired of pulling panels, but I think it just makes the job look that much cleaner when I do. I guess I'm set in my ways as well.

[*]382746

true....I am all about pulling the panels on the chevy truck and escals....but I also pull the windows out too..makes it even easier to tint for me...you dont have to worry at all about the seals and the edge on the back side of the window is tight :uh

I thoght it was crazy to take out windows tell my good friend JUSTIN taught me how to do it...and after doing it that way for awhile...it is fast and easy..

we do window replacement too, so pulling glass out isnt that bad. however I dont do it to tint the car. only if the window doesnt roll up and down do we start messing around with that stuff. I charge a hundred to put a new door window in. I dont want to be givin any free labor away. the escalade has three bolts. one in the handle, and two behind the inner door grip. then they just pop back, there is a difficult clip in the middle of the panel near the window switches. you just have to prepare the clip to get it back in correctly. I'm gonna try to work a way to not pull the panel off but still get the rubber out. the rubber has a high groove which the panels lifts over, so we'll see how things work out there.

Archived