What tint does everyone prefer?

I'm curious to hear what is everyone's favorite tint and why? I've personally tried a few different brands: Solar Guard, Sun Tek, 3M and SunGard. I only did one car in the Solar Guard since it was a sample, and it seemed alright. I did about a half summer's worth of cars with Sun Tek and it shrinks nice, but not quite as nice as the SunGard. I don't remember what series of Sun Tek it was but it was too green and reflective looking. I used 3M on a few cars also but it doesn't shrink very good at all. A normally easy back window was a pain wth this film. The 3M did look awesome though, no green or purple to it at all, just black. So far I've liked the SunGard the best. It looks good, although it seems to have just a very very slight green to it. Shrinking this tint is the best in my opinion, its very easy for me. Are there other brands out there that shrink really nice and look really good all at the same time? Thanks.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I perfer Johnsons. Llumar turns pruple to fast, but Solar Gaurd is alright too.

% wise, I like my sedans/cars with Johnsons SP35% all round, Trucks, matched with rear factory glass (x-cab), 15% with Johnsons SP line, SUV's 5% over factory and 5% on front roll-ups and a low banner/eyebrow.

I used 3M on a few cars also but it doesn't shrink very good at all.  A normally easy back window was a pain wth this film.  The 3M did look awesome though, no green or purple to it at all, just black. 

I concur with you on that mate but it is showing signs of distortion within the adhesive and only 10 months old. :lol

Carbon 35%.

Devil

Archived