• Last Reply
Nice pictures.

Yea Powerr95, I'm not sure what your talking about

Huper Optik's Numbers

http://www.huperoptikusa.com/pdf_docs/HOUS...ODUCT_RECAP.pdf

Madico's Numbers

http://www.enprodistributing.com/products/...otive/index.cfm

For Madico's Datasheet click the "Advanced Ceramic Data Sheet"

The Numbers differ from only 2-3 points.

The n@ked eye can not differentiate between 2-3 percentage of Visible Light Reflectance between the two tints. Nor are you going to feel more comfortable in a 85% IR Rejection compared to 82% IR Rejection.

aliveandawake, you said you held the two films up side by side.

How do they look different? I don't think you can tell which one is more reflective considering its only by 2 or 3 percent. In what ways do they look different? Color, Thickness, Clarity, or what?

Thanks in advance.

Are they both around the same price?

-No exact numbers please. Just are they or are they not around the same price.

-If not which one is cheaper?

Judging by the Datasheets It looks like Enpro has more information about Madico's tint than Madico's website.

Both Enpro and Huper are missing information about their film.

Anyone have the following for Madico's 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000?

1. Shading Coefficient

2. UV is obviously 99% for all, I think.

Anyone have the following for Huper Optik's 30, 40, 50, 60 ?

1. Solar Energy Transmitted

2. Solar Energy Reflected

3. Solar Energy Absorbed

Huper Offers Lifetime Warranty for Residential Customers and 15 Year Warranty for Commercial Customers.

Madico lists nothing about their Warranty.

No Hosing :lol

Here's the new standard and very scientific, TintDude visual film comparison test, TDVFCT for short. :duck

Left is 40, right is 4000. The HO is more of a brownish/bronze tone, the MAC looks more brown/grey. The MAC is thinner. Optical clairity is similar, but the MAC just looks crisper.

In a small blind test consisting of a few people in a room with a window, some food and wine (again, very scientific) 5 out of 5 thought the MAC looked crisper, and would install it if they had to choose... :lol2

Price is not identical, but very similar. Thats all I'll say.

MAC warranty is the same "new standard" lifetime and 15 years Comm.

SC for the MAC is .68 for 6000, .53 for 4000 and .45 for the 3000

Ahhh yes. Can't wait for the ceramic wars :trustme I just wish the film companies would move on from the lighter films and put some energy into making some high heat rejection films that are a bit lighter. Duel reflective ceramics?? something like that??

post-239-1150325329.jpg

Guest vclimber
Here's the new standard and very scientific, TintDude visual film comparison test, TDVFCT for short. :lol

Left is 40, right is 4000. The HO is more of a brownish/bronze tone, the MAC looks more brown/grey. The MAC is thinner. Optical clairity is similar, but the MAC just looks crisper.

In a small blind test consisting of a few people in a room with a window, some food and wine (again, very scientific) 5 out of 5 thought the MAC looked crisper, and would install it if they had to choose... :duck

Price is not identical, but very similar. Thats all I'll say.

MAC warranty is the same "new standard" lifetime and 15 years Comm.

SC for the MAC is .68 for 6000, .53 for 4000 and .45 for the 3000

Ahhh yes. Can't wait for the ceramic wars :lol2 I just wish the film companies would move on from the lighter films and put some energy into making some high heat rejection films that are a bit lighter. Duel reflective ceramics?? something like that??

Sweet! :trustme Have you considered going into lab testing for the film industry? :bat

Guest Bob30

Good picture. Can you set the picture as a poll?

I think its too late not to mention names though.

Voter turnout may be surprising.

Sweet! :DD Have you considered going into lab testing for the film industry? :DD

Is there money in that?

Begun the ceramic wars have... :DD

Yes Jedi Master I too feel a disturbance in the Industry.

-Anakin

Guest huperoptikusa

Specs info as tested from Huper,

The products made by Madico are single ply products. These products on paper have a reflectivity of 13% but but as tested in our labs have a reflectivity of about 19%. When we made this single ply products 4 years ago, ironically on the same machine as madico is making them, there numbers were

VLT 33%, VLR 19% and TSER 60%.

When we made the single ply products 2 months ago, they had the same specs as above. We have also tested various samples from across the US to make sure that the construction on thisproduct and its specs are similar all over.

Huper has made the single ply products as well and will be selling these products to dealers 25-30% below what madico is selling the single ply products because they are cheaper and much easier to make. The only difference being, that Huper has 72 inch machines and is making 72 inch material where as the machine Madico bought is a 60 ich machine which I have heard is very difficult if not impossible to convert to 72 (not worth the costs involved if at all possible.

As far as the patent is concerned, Huper's patent lasts for about another 8 years. This patent is for the dual layered products and it is on the lamination of the layers. This lamination process is what decreases the the reflectivity of the single layer from 19% to 11% on the 30 VLT products. I also have reflectivity meters available through our distributors for anyone who would like to have a comparison reflectivity test of both these products, side by side to show the difference. In fact we can test our single ply products to that of the Madico products to also show what some have described as the crispness of the advanced ceramics. What Madico has decided to call Advanced Ceramics, Huper will call its premium reflector line. This is because though the single ply products are a good line they are closer to traditional reflctive lines than the Ceramic lines.

Please feel free to contact any one of our distributors to see the difference between our Patented Ceramic technology and the single ply products, weather ours or someone elses. The Premium Reflector products are available today and have been for about 2 months. The reason we did not commercialize them before was because we thought nobody would buy a premium reflector prodcuts for that much.

The purpose of this reply is to clear the confusion between the technologies and let those who would like to see the difference to believe it, experience it. All of our dealers have access to reflectivity meters that can test any products reflectivity.

Thanks and sorry for the long note.

Harry Rahman

Guest vclimber

That's huge, no 72"! That's a staple roll size in flatglass. You can loose a lot of jobs without the 72.

Nice read Harry, I had heard that the VLR numbers were "fudged" a little for the Advanced Ceramic Series, I wonder if the specs will get changed by Madico?

Guest zolar

if the big mac has VLT 33%, VLR 19% and TSER 60%.

I can't justify the expense when compared to VLT 35%, VLR 18% and TSER 54%.

that is offered in one of my conventional HP films

...at a LOT less moolah

with the exception of the extremely remote possibility

of RF interference from some paranoid TL owner

and certianly not justified for flat applications

despite it's "crispness"

if the big mac has VLT 33%, VLR 19% and TSER 60%.

I can't justify the expense when compared to VLT 35%, VLR 18% and TSER 54%.

that is offered in one of my conventional HP films

:DD hit the nail on the head z

Archived