if i buy precut tint..is it easy to do or?

Guest STi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like why most REAL tinters dislike DIY is because they always do it illegal "case in point the white STI"....alot of tinters are afraid the trade they make their living doing will be banned completely, just look at NY and PA, the laws are such that you cant put anything on the windows legally. every time the tint laws state by state are redone they get lighter and lighter.

I really dont mind a DIY doing their own tint...JUST DO IT TO THE LEGAL LIMITS. I don't look at it as them taking money out of my pockets because they did it themselves BUT when enough of that illegal DIY CRAP gets around I am afraid its going to ruin it for all of us who do it for a living.

Basically I want to keep doing this for a living because it is good money and I don't want people abusing the law that are either cheep azzes, don't care or afraid to let somebody breath on their "BABY". Its going to get to the point where the state says "OK NO MORE TINT BECAUSE PEOPLE CANT ACT RESPONSIBLY". its happened in other states already.

OUR laws in TEXAS just got changed in 03 to the point to where you were gonna have to put 40-50 % on the doors because the police wanted it that way and luckily it didn't turn out that way but next time it might.

I will tell You my mind about DIY.

Of course any job can be Done by Yourself, not only tinting - fixing, painting, glass changing e.t.c.

But...do You have any idea to by material and make jaenZ? To buy grain and make Vodka? NO?

Why do You want to tint Your car by Yourself? If for fun - don't ask what problems You will have. But if You simply don't want to pay for people who's business is WINDOW FILM INSTALLATION, and this $50-100-200 is very important for you - simply DON'T TINT a car. You will also save $ buying this stuff.

But if you love Your car - WHY NOT? You will do it once, twice...five times...But if You love Your car - why not make love many times :bingo ???

And.....I told it more times - not all small packages for Doing It Yourself :dunno

P.S. Is it clear waht I told? Long sentences not for my language knowledge :dunno

I don't like letting people work on my s**t...I fear scratches and stuff....I do all my own work!

YOU WILL BE SORRY>>>>>>>

I agree.... Nut up and pay someone to do it. Pro's know how to take care of cars...

Seems like why most REAL tinters dislike DIY is because they always do it illegal "case in point the white STI"....alot of tinters are afraid the trade they make their living doing will be banned completely, just look at NY and PA, the laws are such that you cant put anything on the windows legally. every time the tint laws state by state are redone they get lighter and lighter.

I really dont mind a DIY doing their own tint...JUST DO IT TO THE LEGAL LIMITS. I don't look at it as them taking money out of my pockets because they did it themselves BUT when enough of that illegal DIY CRAP gets around I am afraid its going to ruin it for all of us who do it for a living.

Basically I want to keep doing this for a living because it is good money and I don't want people abusing the law that are either cheep azzes, don't care or afraid to let somebody breath on their "BABY". Its going to get to the point where the state says "OK NO MORE TINT BECAUSE PEOPLE CANT ACT RESPONSIBLY". its happened in other states already.

OUR laws in TEXAS just got changed in 03 to the point to where you were gonna have to put 40-50 % on the doors because the police wanted it that way and luckily it didn't turn out that way but next time it might.

I was going legal 35% in CT...but I currently reside in RI which is 70% but moving withing a month or so

I will tell You my mind about DIY.

Of course any job can be Done by Yourself, not only tinting - fixing, painting, glass changing e.t.c.

But...do You have any idea to by material and make jaenZ? To buy grain and make Vodka? NO?

Why do You want to tint Your car by Yourself? If for fun - don't ask what problems You will have. But if You simply don't want to pay for people who's business is WINDOW FILM INSTALLATION, and this $50-100-200 is very important for you - simply DON'T TINT a car. You will also save $ buying this stuff.

But if you love Your car - WHY NOT? You will do it once, twice...five times...But if You love Your car - why not make love many times :lol ???

And.....I told it more times - not all small packages for Doing It Yourself :dunno

P.S. Is it clear waht I told? Long sentences not for my language knowledge :lol

I don't like letting people work on my s**t...I fear scratches and stuff....I do all my own work!

Dont come to me ill just send ya packin

dude, buy all the DIY tint you want and go for it. I started out doing my own like that. The thing is that the DIY tint is just that. I tell people that it is like buying a case of rattle cans and painting a car. Yeah you might get a decent looking paint job if you do it right, but what is it going to look like in a few months or a year???

Tint is not EASY to do....not to do it right. I have tinted for 17 years and I still have issues with contaminates inbetween the film and glass. It is just not that easy to get it installed clean. If you are going to try and put that back glass in one piece then you are going to have to learn to shrink the film. You just simply don't do that right the first time unless you have watched someone many times and had it explained over and over.

Put it in several strips and you can lay it in...but it will look like a turd then for sure.....

just take it to a pro and get it done right if you want it really done with excellence!

Archived