Flat Glass Commission

Guest tinting2long

Guest Key West
We dont install flat glass at my store, just dont have the crew for it. I did however have aguy come in from another shop in town and ask about heading up a flat glass division, he wanted $1 a sq. I ask what he was making at his current job he told me $.50 sq, hes been with that company for 6 years says they treat him good.Told him I would think about it, he says if I give him a $1 a sq he would be out of his current workplace in a flash. :krazy

If dude is good, jump on it. Pay him .75 per square to start, bump him to 1.00 if he can do well. Like I said in a prevous post, ladder/scaffold work commands more. But always gp back amd check his work. :bingo

If he's good enough, he'll make you monet if you have the flatglass business :gasp

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't it all come back to one keen observation?

If the job is sold with good profit in it in the first place, (which is the responsibilty of the shop owner) then why not reward the installer well and guarantee his loyalty to you?

Same analogy would apply to a sales guy.

If he generates and closes sales worth more than you are currently getting with better profit margins, then I wouldn't care (within reason) what he gets paid.

Devil

Guest Tintin' Magician
Doesn't it all come back to one keen observation?

If the job is sold with good profit in it in the first place, (which is the responsibilty of the shop owner) then why not reward the installer well and guarantee his loyalty to you?

Same analogy would apply to a sales guy.

If he generates and closes sales worth more than you are currently getting with better profit margins, then I wouldn't care (within reason) what he gets paid.

Devil

That is right!

Guest cctint

I pay my installers .85 a sq. ft. and 1.00 for harder jobs or small jobs, also 1.75 per pane on frenchies. I supply all tools and film and a work truck. I also pay them 1 weeks paid vacation and 2 sick days per year and all major holiday's. All my employees are long term, 13 years, 11 years, and 3 years.

Archived