HOW CLEAN ENOUGH IS FOR WINDOW TINT?

Guest gus738

Guest gus738

I have not learned the process of shirinking , yes thats correct I tinted windows before , I am just wondering because its an 06 and I gotta make sure , thats why I was asking if it really really matters or if as long as theirs no dirt and lint then its good enough.?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest olletsoc
I have not learned the process of shirinking , yes thats correct I tinted windows before , I am just wondering because its an 06 and I gotta make sure , thats why I was asking if it really really matters or if as long as theirs no dirt and lint then its good enough.?

good enough to a pro is very different than good enough for somenone that has only tinted a few windows

resuslts will varry

Guest a1wintinter
I never claimed im a pro I just said im learning my way up

Let a pro do it, you sound pretty @nal so dont do it yourself. Most everyone here are pros so we make it look and sound easy, trust me , its not.

If you do it yourself you will never be happy, unless your so self absorbed everything you do is perfect. :beer

Just kidding with ya, my point is simple those easy doors are nothing compared to a full vehicle, but the 2-dr civic is very simple and you will still need to LEARN how to heat shrink. :dunno

Guest gus738

you would be right if I was that kinda of person of " oh let me try it .... oh this is not for me " kinda of person but im like hmm I did it wrong ok try it again and again.... so thas what sets me apart, and yes I know this car has to be simple that why I want to try it and I want ideals of other tinters since they are so expercied as they say , as where I am not..... as for the shrinking method yes someday I have to learn it ,

Guest glassguy

someday is the day you tint your car, because you HAVE to shrink the rear. the answer to question 2 is sure leave the decals on the window if you like that look. personally, they tend to have a ring-around -the-sticker look to me

question 3- the dot matrix on that car needs to be scrubbed to get them to lay perfect.

question 1- clean it till you think it is clean enough. then after it is tinted and there is contamination, you know you should have cleaned it better.

theres my buck fiddy worth helps.

now have the rear PROFESSIONALLY done!!! just my opinion

Guest gus738
:thumbglassguy thank you after 2 pages this is the information I needed! :thumb I think I'll do fine on the rear window I just needed some information.... so I can sand the dots enough for it to feel even compared to the glass level?

Okay I dont want to come off as a a-hole..But dang it man have fun with the side windows when you done and satisfied with your job go ahead spend another 40-80 in some more tint and tack the "easy" back glass...Now that you've wasted 120 or more dollars rip it all off and go pay a professional to redo the whole thing for you ;)....

Guest a1wintinter
Okay I dont want to come off as a a-hole..But dang it man have fun with the side windows when you done and satisfied with your job go ahead spend another 40-80 in some more tint and tack the "easy" back glass...Now that you've wasted 120 or more dollars rip it all off and go pay a professional to redo the whole thing for you ;)....

:thumb

Archived