HOW CLEAN ENOUGH IS FOR WINDOW TINT?

Guest gus738

Guest gus738

well I dont know if its good or not , the guy has hardly any bad feedback but yea its just a temporarly thing , 40 bucks to save from heat and damage hey! ... once I have skilled shrinking then I'll jump into my real diy things, but for what I can tell that tint matrial is 10x better then the gila ultra shileds..... but thx 4 the luck :P

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest outkast tinter

If you are that determined to avoid professional advice, and do it yourself at $40, than all I can wish you is good luck. The free estimate/ help on this forum has to come to an end at some point. Send us pics of your install when you get R done. :drunk

Guest gus738

thanks for all help , I plan to take some pictures how the car currently looks like then after results , but I have not received tint matirial , and I really really apriciate what all of you guys said of what ever helped me , and I will keep in mind what all of you mentioend lol . thanks and umm wish me luck :drunk

:drunk Hope the best of luck to you, I don't mind trying to help someone out but it isn't as easy a just pell and stick and squegee that chit out it takes feness, it's kind of an art.

I mean that just cuz I can go to Sears and buy a compressor and paint gun doesn't mean that I can do a pro job.

Hope to hear how you did

Guest darkdan
its not diy , its computer cut then just clean window remove liner and squegee the s**t out of it .... that simple

I don't think you understand.

Shrinking means to heat form the film to the glass.

The film is flat. The glass has a compound curve. It doesn't matter if the film is computer cut, hand cut, or phazer cut....it's still flat. You will need to heat form (shrink) it to fit it in one piece.

Trust me, when you get it, lay it on the outside of the glass and you'll see.

Guest solarspot

its not diy , its computer cut then just clean window remove liner and squegee the s**t out of it .... that simple

I don't think you understand.

Shrinking means to heat form the film to the glass.

The film is flat. The glass has a compound curve. It doesn't matter if the film is computer cut, hand cut, or phazer cut....it's still flat. You will need to heat form (shrink) it to fit it in one piece.

Trust me, when you get it, lay it on the outside of the glass and you'll see.

And not to mention you have to get it on the glass :lol2 getting a perfect shrink is only half the battle but I'm just :cry

GOOD LUCK and send pics up close kind not 50 yards away :drunk

Good luck KID. Your gonna need it. :drunk

Let us know how things work out. Having pre-cut tint means nothing...installing it cleanly is the problem, cutting it to fit is the easy part.

:cry

Your gonna have MAJOR problems trying to squeege out the bottom of that backglass unless you take out the whole rear deck. go out and stick you hand down at the bottom of the window and you will see what I mean.

let me know what you find out.

Guest Braud Spectrum

The problem is, with a "kit" ...there can be NO practicing. One shot. That's all you get. Screw up... and you have to order a whole nother kit. :drunk

Another thing to consider, I use more than $40 worth of tools tinting a car. I have my Yellow squeegee, my gold hard card, my black hard card, my li'l chiz, my shuttle, my blue max and heat gun, on top of that, probably 20ft of lint free paper towels, 5 or 6 razor blades, white scrub pad, glass cleaner, propane and torch. It takes more than the little squeegee they are going to send you in your "kit"

this thread is awesome.. I just hope to see pics. I hope you dont drop of the face of the earth after you attempt this.

Hey an no hard feelin's I am @nal too, I think its a prerequisite to become a good tinter. :drunk

check out www.44tools.com and look around, you might wanna order some shiz...

Archived