HOW CLEAN ENOUGH IS FOR WINDOW TINT?

Guest gus738

Guest gus738

its not diy , its computer cut then just clean window remove liner and squegee the s**t out of it .... that simple

I don't think you understand.

Shrinking means to heat form the film to the glass.

The film is flat. The glass has a compound curve. It doesn't matter if the film is computer cut, hand cut, or phazer cut....it's still flat. You will need to heat form (shrink) it to fit it in one piece.

Trust me, when you get it, lay it on the outside of the glass and you'll see.

wow I didnt pay attention to that , I see what you mean so then whats should be my proper steps? yes its more curved rather then a flat glass/

Good luck KID. Your gonna need it. :lol2

Let us know how things work out. Having pre-cut tint means nothing...installing it cleanly is the problem, cutting it to fit is the easy part.

:cry

Your gonna have MAJOR problems trying to squeege out the bottom of that backglass unless you take out the whole rear deck. go out and stick you hand down at the bottom of the window and you will see what I mean.

let me know what you find out.

actually , my squeege fits all the way to that bottom edge, I was reading the other threads where the civic oweners mentioned that its damn small on the bottom and you said to use a bulldozer or a binder someting?

but yes I tried to reach to the bottom and I can throught with ease...-

YO MANG TINT_TERRORIST HEEEAH

SHVIT JIGGRAHMANG WHAT CHU BE TALKIN BOUT?

U BE GONNA MAKE DAT CIVIC LOOK LIKE A GANGSTA MOBILE OR WHAT MANG? DARK ILLEGAL TINT PAPAS ON DAT MUG MANG.

ALL YO BUDDIES DAT PUT DAT PAPA ON DEM CARAS IS GONNA MAKE FUN OF YO AZZ CUZ YO PAPA IS GONNA LOOK LIKE SHIZZZZZNIT MANG

HOLLA

SHIZZLE MUH NIZZLE MANG, DAT BIG 1 PIECE O PAPA ON DAT BACKGLASS IS GONNA TEAR YO AZZ A NEW ONE MANG, BE KURRRRRFUL YOU DONT GET DAT SHIZZZ WRAPPED AROUND YO LITTLE HEAD MANG WHILE YOU BE CRAWLIN ROUND IN DAT DERRR BACKSEAT SWEATIN LIKE A MUG MANG.

DONT CUT YOSELF WIFTH SUM DEM RAZORBLADES AND SHIZZZZ FOO

POST DEM PICTUREAS MANG, TT WANTS TO CHECK OUT YO MUGGIN PAPA SLANGINSKILLZ JIGGRAH.

STOP DAT GURL WHININ AND SHIZZZ ABOUT GETTIN YO FEELINS HURT ANS SHIZZ MANG, GROW SOME NIZZZZUTS JIGGA, DIS HEEEAH DUH INTRANETS MANG, PEEPS ACT LIKE FOOS ON DIS SHIZZZZ. :drunk

:bat

arent you Mdog ? both of you say " tint terrorist lol... but how can you write so much slang ? I mean I do know what you mean but damn it must be hard to write like that .its not illegal over here , well atlest not the back side , on the front driver & passanger its going to be illegal ....

gangsta mobile lol I'll try my best , I hope my tint doesnt look like s**t.... dont worry I wont cut my self with blades , and im carefuly thinking everyting , well someting about me that you dont know is that when ever I'll try to do someting I'll try n try til I get it right or find out that its not cut out for me , but since I'v done b4 this before , its not really the money but more cuz I like to get into this kinda stuff since I like cars , once I finish my work then I can fool around , otherwise I dont t.

The problem is, with a "kit" ...there can be NO practicing. One shot. That's all you get. Screw up... and you have to order a whole nother kit. :cry

very true , yet thats why im thinking of all my possiblites , theirs no way in hell I would mess up the driver side passanger , or the rear quater panels so the rear window cut they sell them by it self for 25 bucks I belive , but you get a better deal when you buy in full kit , once I really more expericed then I'll jump up to solor guard or someting high end....

QUESTION:? I know thiers tint matirial here and there and what not on the internet , but what are the brands and what are the best?

Another thing to consider, I use more than $40 worth of tools tinting a car. I have my Yellow squeegee, my gold hard card, my black hard card, my li'l chiz, my shuttle, my blue max and heat gun, on top of that, probably 20ft of lint free paper towels, 5 or 6 razor blades, white scrub pad, glass cleaner, propane and torch. It takes more than the little squeegee they are going to send you in your "kit"
I am just working my way up on this , why would I buy a full set when I dont know if I am good or not , yet again I plan to achive this otherwise I would of not be here ,

OK SO THEN EVERYONE THEN PROPERLY LEAD ME , I'm all ears

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

Squirt Bottle: $2

Baby Shampoo: $2

Heat Gun: $30

Roll of ebay tint: $50

Razor + stainless steel blades: $25

1" Razors: $2

Squeeges + Hard Cards: $10

Tinting it yourself and having it look like a shakespearean sonnet written in braille from the dirt and the windows being as purple as Prince in 6 months.....Priceless

By all means, go nuts and go after it.

I tinted my car myself because the car cost $500 and had no air conditioning. If I would of had enough money to buy a nice car, I would of had enough money to pay someone else to do it well.

There's a wealth of tinting information on the forum and on the main page. Get yourself a roll of cheap ebay tint, and go nuts. If someday you're good enough to worry about what brand you put on, then invest in it.

Guest tintman AZ
Are we gonna hold hands and pray before he heat shrinks? I just wanna see the first attempt pics :thumb

I'd like to see everybodies first attempt pics. I'm just glad I learned the technique using my old bosses tint.

Guest gus738
Squirt Bottle: $2

Baby Shampoo: $2

Heat Gun: $30

Roll of ebay tint: $50

Razor + stainless steel blades: $25

1" Razors: $2

Squeeges + Hard Cards: $10

Tinting it yourself and having it look like a shakespearean sonnet written in braille from the dirt and the windows being as purple as Prince in 6 months.....Priceless

By all means, go nuts and go after it.

I tinted my car myself because the car cost $500 and had no air conditioning. If I would of had enough money to buy a nice car, I would of had enough money to pay someone else to do it well.

There's a wealth of tinting information on the forum and on the main page. Get yourself a roll of cheap ebay tint, and go nuts. If someday you're good enough to worry about what brand you put on, then invest in it.

it does make sense to have it professionaly done , however I'v done side windows before and if I think I can do it just as good or nearly as good then hey why not. as for hte back if I cant reach to be anywhere good I'll just have that done by my bro , before when I tinted sides he said to just take it and he'll do the rear for free, I cant beat that , but I just bought the pakage cuz its cheaper when u buy it "bundle" so yea.... but thanks for the info on tools , any paticular reason why heat gun is needed besides heatin the back window ? and are hard cards for those little wattery spots that just dont want to move with squeege? or for places that are hard like a window sticker? :thumb

Guest gus738
Check out TINT_TERRORIST's MySpace page, it has all you need to not DIY it.

I'v seen it and trust me not even my first time I was doing it with a diy kit I did mistakes like that....

thanks for the info on tools , any paticular reason why heat gun is needed besides heatin the back window ? and are hard cards for those little wattery spots that just dont want to move with squeege? or for places that are hard like a window sticker? :krazy

Because on that car you need to shrink the doors and the quarters too.

Archived