HOW CLEAN ENOUGH IS FOR WINDOW TINT?

Guest gus738

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan
QUESTION # 2 I have a 06' Honda Civic 2dr couple Ex and I am giong to do a full tint but front windshiled , now my question is : on the quater panel theirs 2 stickers from oem that I would like to keep . one is about a circle sticker that says total protection alarm or someting ? icon_confused.gif and the 2nd it has a small scuare like and it says ultra low emsion or someting.....

LOL. The only time I've ever had someone want me to leave a sticker on their window was a honda civic that wanted to keep the "Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle."

QUESTION # 2 I have a 06' Honda Civic 2dr couple Ex and I am giong to do a full tint but front windshiled , now my question is : on the quater panel theirs 2 stickers from oem that I would like to keep . one is about a circle sticker that says total protection alarm or someting ? icon_confused.gif and the 2nd it has a small scuare like and it says ultra low emsion or someting.....

LOL. The only time I've ever had someone want me to leave a sticker on their window was a honda civic that wanted to keep the "Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle."

All these 90 year old men in Park Avenues want me to leave their OnStar and anti-theft stickers. Personally I think it's so they have a number to call when they forget where they are.

Guest gus738

:thumb you guys done? everyone is here after I needed the help :thumb:bingo:thumb

oh btw this place sucks... I thought u guys wernt flamers to new comers...

Okay I dont want to come off as a a-hole..But dang it man have fun with the side windows when you done and satisfied with your job go ahead spend another 40-80 in some more tint and tack the "easy" back glass...Now that you've wasted 120 or more dollars rip it all off and go pay a professional to redo the whole thing for you ;)....

is that how you screwd up ? :thumb cuz I dont expect to screw up

so I want to keep alot of details original big deal , and everyone has their own likes...

I just came to this site cuz it seemed you guys knew what your doing , insted I just see flamers and a hijacked thread !

:thumb you guys done? everyone is here after I needed the help :thumb:bingo:thumb

oh btw this place sucks... I thought u guys wernt flamers to new comers...

Okay I dont want to come off as a a-hole..But dang it man have fun with the side windows when you done and satisfied with your job go ahead spend another 40-80 in some more tint and tack the "easy" back glass...Now that you've wasted 120 or more dollars rip it all off and go pay a professional to redo the whole thing for you ;)....

is that how you screwd up ? :thumb cuz I dont expect to screw up

so I want to keep alot of details original big deal , and everyone has their own likes...

I just came to this site cuz it seemed you guys knew what your doing , insted I just see flamers and a hijacked thread !

So hurry up and don't screw it up, we want to see already. BTW, ammonia and a black trash bag should keep your defroster safe when you are stripping.

Guest solarspot

Whats up with that ALL the hondas around here leave them on

Looks :thumb

Hey GUS you think your :thumb now wait til you start that car :bingo:thumb

Guest gus738

Whats up with that ALL the hondas around here leave them on

Looks :thumb

Hey GUS you think your :bingo now wait til you start that car :kiss:zzz

im not mad im just asking opions here and there and trust me I wont be neither of those....

thanks for the help IF ANY... shees :thumb:zzz:thumb:thumb

Guest darkdan

By the time you pratice enough to do a professional job, you could have bought 4 professional jobs.

I'd say it took me about 40 cars before I had one good enough that you could say it looked professional.

I bet it took another 40 before I could reproduce those results on a consistant basis.

Look, you spent $16,000 on a nice car. We're giving you the best advice.

Otherwise, hit search, look up mdog soap shrink method. Buy a roll of tint (ONE pre-cut back window isn't going to be enough) and have at it.

And be careful not to groove your glass from practicing 20 times on the back to get it right.

Archived