GROUP DESIGN CUTTING TABLE

Guest RCOOTE

Danmit, I had been putting it off for like 5 months now, but look what you guys are making me do

untitled2.jpg

I should have finished pictures tonight.

dude, IS THAT FROM THE IMAGES I'VE BEEN DOING?? If so, hold on a couple more days and I'll have complete drawings... :quote:quote:quote

Well, not really, I had been meaning to do it, the last one I built was a big wooden one with a 4x8 sheet of glass. This one will be more like 3x6. The other one is huge and heavy, I wanted this one to be lighter and with storage. I had originally planned on doing it out of boxed steel tubing, which was what was setting me back trying to find it, but after seeing your little drawing and picking up some other crap at home depot, I saw the conduit out of the corner of my eye, and the lightbulb went off. SO I bought 140ft of 3/4" conduit and went to work this morning. It's not going to be as fancy as yours, I want it to be light, simple and mobile. I have 2 2" locking swivel casters and 2 straight casters to move it and lock it in place.I like building stuff from scratch, I just needed the motivation.give me acouple hours and I will give you some more pictures.

NICE...

I can't wait to see it.. :DD:beer:beer

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

real quick before I go home. I stopped earlier, I need to go to home depot and get some 1/8" steel to make mounts on the bottom for the casters, some wood for the storage, wasn't quite my original plan, but it looks good in the drawings and it's actually bigger than I initially expected. I will be busy with work tomorrow, so probably nothing until monday.

th_untitled5.jpg

real quick before I go home. I stopped earlier, I need to go to home depot and get some 1/8" steel to make mounts on the bottom for the casters, some wood for the storage, wasn't quite my original plan, but it looks good in the drawings and it's actually bigger than I initially expected. I will be busy with work tomorrow, so probably nothing until monday.

th_untitled5.jpg

My casters have a shaft that goes into a 3/4" hole Tomorrow I can get you the P/N

th_untitled5.jpg

My casters have a shaft that goes into a 3/4" hole Tomorrow I can get you the P/N

hmmm, they may have some at home depot, I will go look tonight when I go look for the metal. Either way I will be using it next week, that's my biggest vice, I get something in my head and I can't sleep until it's completed. Thanks for the couple ideas though, although it ended up being much larger than I originally planned, I think it's going to work quite nice, especially when I have just like 1 roll up across the shop or something.

Well, its done. I now have to make the drawings. I will be contacting everyone on the board who posted something positive on this thread to send them the drawings.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP. NOW I HAVE TO MAKE THIS THING. I'm just finishing up on some landscaping at my place so it may take a little longer than THE///MAN to finish mine but I'll post pics when it's done.

If you guys think of a tool you want designed you can PM me or email me and we can talk.

Here's the latest rendering.... Now I have to complete the drawings..

MY EDIT IS - the orange color bar accross the bottom of the glass is a U_SHAPE channel to catch water from landing on your feet. The drawings show this in detail. And everyone will have to add their own heat gun holder as they are all different sizes

table-challenger-small.jpg

Archived