NEW 07 CORVETTE

Guest a1wintinter

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest wilcax

the only film I can get on this back glass and for the dots to stick is lulu's atr15 and atr5. the very first one took about an hour just to shrink without killing the piece of film. pulled it out of the 36" roll. next one took >15min to shrink, pulled out of the 60" roll. dont ask why but it shrinks better out of the 60 in box. anyways to get the dots to stick I always sand and then rinse the film-on out of that area with pure water and heat the glass before sticking it back up. if your not carefull you will crease the film with the last step. I do this procedure on most back glass's with the big dot matrix's and works most of the time. seams to work best on gm vehicles :evilgrin

its sad to come to a tinters forum and see shadetree newbies crying over other tinters talking about a new car who has more experience in tinting then these diaper wearing babies have in their whole life. :lol2:DD:DD:DD

freedom of speech is great. freedom of stupidity is what I'm not fond of...

Thats pretty good...the stupidity line :DD

Tinted a Ron Fellows special edition #299 ZO6 today. I've tinted a couple of others and got them in the first shot but for whatever reason the one today was using my gomers for a punching bag.Just figured I would post some pics of how it should be done.No creases, no contaminents, no sanding/glue on the dots, and no frigging vinyl half way down the window.

For all those looking for tips all I can say is relax, go slow, and don't force things.Also lock the front door and quit answering the phone wouldn't hurt either.Took an hour from to start to finished install.This car is not an easy one for sure, but it can be done so hang in there.

Archived