How much do you gross a year in sales

Guest bigboyk2000

Guest dustin6498

Well I must say this is a strange biz. I have lived in flordia texas and now arizonia. Flodria has car prices down to about 120 for a 4 door . Texas is even worse. 100 there. But, now that I am in arizonia we get 200- 250 a car. I got lucky my family ownes a auto parts biz. So we put tint in as well. I just started the biz up on april 4 of 2007. I am hanging in there. I love this biz its just hard on us when we get slow . When it rocks we get happy. There is alot of tinters in arizonia and I mean alot . But lucky for me the cars arn't cheap. The mobile guys always make it hard for shop owners. They don't pay rent. Well news flash !!!! Its on my rent is percentage. I have worked at alot of companys and by far its better to be the boss. The best week I have had yet was 2,000 and that was 10 cars. I just want it to be on all the time. Ya know guys.. keep it real !! :beer:uh

:thumb:welcome:thumb:thumb

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
You make a valid point Rob. You and I have discussed this many times.

Need to ask yourself, why are you doing this? Since this thread is based on money, then the answer is to make money.

Don't let the manufacturers, distributors, or reps talk you into the idea of more squares purchased means more money on your end.

Really, can you not buy either 10', or 25' increments? I know I do from at least three distributors. :uh

Guest FilmBlazer
Tough market...still gets cold in winter.....guys throw up portable tents in parking lots in summer and charge $60 a car

Thats bull :uh

$60 per car? Working for beer money.

Don't complain about getting cold in the winter when you're in Florida :thumb

$50 cut charge :uh you're getting dicked hard :uh

BAD

Guest FilmBlazer
sounds like you guys are rolling in the cash,,,, come over to the UK and get taxed to death

Thats the part the sucks the worst. The first two years I was in biz, I payed my income taxes annually. Lets just say I learned alot about taxes in those two years. I basically handed over all of the money I had in my bank account and started over from scratch. :uh

the tint side net was in the 50k range which isn't bad for a one man show. I practice fewer jobs higher prices. Seeing where the econemy was headed around november last year I got a part time job that pays 84000.00 a year (+Benefites-United Steel Works pension) before over time for 14 days a month and half of that is at night so I still have plenty of time to run my business full time, its just scheduling. :thumb I feel like I hit the lotto :thumb

This is what the books say for last year, my first year in business for myself. Had a rough year though, I'm thinking this year can be at least 50% more. I'm at like $70k today year to date, but I also have 2 employees instead of 5 like last year.

ewwgross.jpg

Archived