How much do you gross a year in sales

Guest bigboyk2000

Gross numbers are crap with high overhead costs. A dude pulling down 125k gross out of his garage could be living large while another bringing in a mil a year is starving this time of year because his overhead is killing him.

Big numbers are crap if they are before cost.

:beer That's why I've always been happy with a shop out of home paid for :lol2

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy

I usually average about $40,000 in my pocket, part time. I was thinking about moving out to the panama florida area...anyone know about some tint shops lookin for a tinter and how much work they got?

tintnfool has it right.its all about net net.in your pocket COLD HARD CASH!!!

I wont say cause of the fact that I just wrote on another topic that I do 10-14 cars a day and noone seems to belive me.so............ god bless may we all make billions :beer

td..end this topic :gasp

I looked at my profit last year and said, "WTF did I spend all that time working for?"

I think I would of had more money had I just sat around not doing anything.

This year so far it will look like I worked minimal wage at McDonald's for about 2 months. Once again, WTF am I doing?

What you are doing is working without your brain in gear. A common fault that just about every tinter I have ever known suffers from.

Lift your prices, don't put so much importance on how many a day but how much profit you can make with half the effort.

You've got your nose to the ground and the shoulder to the wheel but you are not directional.

Let me come over and I'll have you straightened in a month. :cool

Devil

Guest darkdan

The main problem is over stocking my inventory. I did more flat this year, which means ordering in a whole roll for like 2 windows.

But on the bright side, next year should be super high NET because I got enough film to cover this state! =)

I think I need to order one 36" roll of 40% and I'll be stocked until June or so. =)

It's alright, I have a day job to actually make some money at.

What you are doing is working without your brain in gear. A common fault that just about every tinter I have ever known suffers from.

Lift your prices, don't put so much importance on how many a day but how much profit you can make with half the effort.

You've got your nose to the ground and the shoulder to the wheel but you are not directional.

Let me come over and I'll have you straightened in a month.

Devil

You make a valid point Rob. You and I have discussed this many times.

Need to ask yourself, why are you doing this? Since this thread is based on money, then the answer is to make money.

Don't let the manufacturers, distributors, or reps talk you into the idea of more squares purchased means more money on your end.

You have five years to get a business going. The first three years are your make it or break it. I am going on two years for my part time company and I buy everything I can get before uncle sam takes his share. I bought a plotter for $5000 a few months ago, if I hadn't that money would be taxed. I make sure I start spending towards the end of the year to get what I will need and the less I have in my account the less taxes I pay.

Darkdan...you should get partial rolls if you don't need a whole roll :cool I order film when a customer is sure they want it, I don't have the room to stock film and with so many different choices, it would cost a fortune to stock all of them.

Archived