shrinking side windows

he is talking about snapping the bottom edge of the film (I think) I do the same thing, but most doors you can just stretch the film, no heating required :beer

:beer I dont shrink side windows :beer

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VaTinterPMan

yeah no doubt I would rather heat the damn thing on the outside which takes what 20 secs. to wet shrink it out then be paying for a 200 door panell or gasket. Just my thought tho. Id rather be safer than sorry. what would be a good visa commercial for this. comon help me out.

50 dollars for a gasket. 199 dollars for a door panell. 5 dollars for creasing the tint. Shrinking fingers on the outside of roll downs. PriceLess.

Guest Tintbds
I think its quicker than fighting a stubborn finger! :beer

:beer true but on special cars with curve side windows. like swifthatchback.

Anyhow the heat here makes it a no,no for side widow shrinking. no need.

post-13599-1165566026.jpg

Why not Willie? It really helps on some. :krazy

I just dont. I dont really ahve any that need shrinking. down here in the sticks I dont guess I see many that need them. There all chevy's, Fords. I dont see many import cars.

The biggest fingers Ive seen on sise windows of cars in this area are the 2 door Cobalts or cavaliers and they lay right down.

I'm not against I guess I just havent seen a need.

I'm personally not a fan of stretching..over time these are the windows that start to "finger" up prematurely over the yrs once the film loses it's memory.

You see it everywhere on bugs and baretta s that were tinted yrs ago compared to shrinking them a bit ..just an opinion and an observation though :krazy

TW you would have to say the same thing about shrinking then :krazy

Guest Key West
I Tuck the rubber down and shrink on the inside . You can pop them back up after with a hook tool.

:krazy I do the same. Ya gotta get at the bottom edge of the film to completely shrink any fingers that may pop up, and to thoroughly dry that bottom edge. Then, a hook tool and a glazing stick (Bone) will get the gasket bak up in no time!! :krazy

Guest Key West
:krazy I dont shrink side windows :krazy

Hey WILLLEEEEEE......Do you refuse VW Bugs, 3000GTs/Stealths, or corvettes, just to name a few? I once knew a guy who said he could do a 3000GT side without shrinking. MAYBE he could, but WHY in gods name would you want to :krazy:lol2 ? Other than bragging rights?

Guest Key West
I just dont. I dont really ahve any that need shrinking. down here in the sticks I dont guess I see many that need them. There all chevy's, Fords. I dont see many import cars.

The biggest fingers Ive seen on sise windows of cars in this area are the 2 door Cobalts or cavaliers and they lay right down.

I'm not against I guess I just havent seen a need.

DAYUM man, do ya'll have flush toilets that far out in the sticks? (we got 'em 'round these heah parts oh, 'bout three year ago! :krazy )

Archived