how many jobs does it take to cover a box of film

I buy 60 in rolls....they cut them 36 and 24 for me....I cut the 36 to 18's as I need from film cutter.....then restock as needed....if a 36 is low I just buy that......and to have every size they carry to me seem to be over stock...I dont re order till I only have about 20 feet remaining on a roll...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rcaman

I can sqeeze 7 - 10 cars out of a 40" roll, but I use a film splitter to reduce the amount of waste, I also keep a 5 gallon bucket that keep rolled peices of film that was cut off, I use them for visors and qtr windows. I dont like to nickel and dime with film so if its to small of a peice you gotta chuck it. you should be abloe to recoup the cost of your film roll in the first full car tint. with a film splitter you can get both rollups on a full size chevy PU, the window is 19.25 in height out of a 40" roll

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

yeah there is a lot of info up there...like mentioned a full tint should cover the box of film...excpecially the global QDP box because I have the same film and know the cost also they give extra 10' feet on the roll!!! I bought the box...tinted a car with that extra 10' which paid for the film and now im not pressured to go out and try and m,ake my money back. You guys have a lot of confusing , and from my experience, unecessary different roll sizes. I've owned my own shop and worked at 2 others and have never needed more that a 40" x 100' for automotive. you know the 40" will cover all windows that my show up and so you have a little left over which can be used perfectly as a visor (hell through one in if your charged a lot) or what I do is cut it up for wing windows. Having an 18" roll is cutting it way to close for the rollups...cutting a 40" down the middle works perfect....but I dunno :eyebrows

yeah we do carry an excessive amount of rolls, but it keeps our shop clean with no scraps stored away, and we use minimal waste. saves a lot of time too. smaller rolls dont necesarily cost more you just have to be willing to spend a lot of money on tint right away instead of buying a couple of 40's

Archived