how many jobs does it take to cover a box of film

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah there is a lot of info up there...like mentioned a full tint should cover the box of film...excpecially the global QDP box because I have the same film and know the cost also they give extra 10' feet on the roll!!! I bought the box...tinted a car with that extra 10' which paid for the film and now im not pressured to go out and try and m,ake my money back. You guys have a lot of confusing , and from my experience, unecessary different roll sizes. I've owned my own shop and worked at 2 others and have never needed more that a 40" x 100' for automotive. you know the 40" will cover all windows that my show up and so you have a little left over which can be used perfectly as a visor (hell through one in if your charged a lot) or what I do is cut it up for wing windows. Having an 18" roll is cutting it way to close for the rollups...cutting a 40" down the middle works perfect....but I dunno :bling

Cutting a 40" roll down the middle wont work for 88-98 GM pickup rollups which I do a $|-|17 load of. :thumb

with those truck I pull 22" film out of my 40" roll. Lay it with factory edge on the side and shrink the side.....just wastes a few more inches than a 24" roll would....I do the same for the other "large" truck doors that take more film.

Guest CajunTinter
with those truck I pull 22" film out of my 40" roll. Lay it with factory edge on the side and shrink the side.....just wastes a few more inches than a 24" roll would....I do the same for the other "large" truck doors that take more film.

:dunno:lol2

Archived