2006 Honda Civic coupe

Guest MidcoastMW

Guest MidcoastMW

The rear deck in this car sucks!!! I dont know if they are all like this.....but in the middle of the rear deck there is about an 8-10" section where its slammed up to the glass. This leaves about a 8-10" by 2" area nearly impossible to tint.

Luckily I was using a fairly thin film (suntek carbon35) and managed to somehow squeeze it past while putting pressure on the deck. however squeegeing was an issue. Bulldozer is too think. The slammer worked best but I still left more water behind than Id have liked too.

I showed this problem to the customer and said it all should dry out, and if not I would re-do the back glass. And because Im a nice guy I have him the Carbon tint at the same price as the HP.

Anyone else have this problem??? I didnt even attemp to take it out because of all the side airbags in the pillars etc etc.... Im just glad the deck is plastic and not fuzzy!!! :poop

Guest MidcoastMW
the rear deck is very easy to remove its all held by clips.

:poop DOH'

care to share the tips on getting it out??? The guy said his sister is getting the same car and would bring it by. And who knows...his may be comming back too. :spit

Guest gus738

its mentioned somewhere on this page but ill do the best to explain , first you put the rear passangers seats down then slide the rear deck up and it should unclip with ease , mess with it softly as the clips can get damged but you'll know what I mean by sliding them up.....

Guest MidcoastMW

:poop

To me it looked like the deck extended into the pillars...meaning the pillars would have to come out too.

Either way, Ill keep it in mind, and thank you!

:DD:beer:spit ive never had a problem with these. The bulldozer works fine. I push it down..tight as it may be...but then after its down past the tint I slide it sideways, past the side of the light then relax it and pull it out. :beer its never been a problem with me...and ive never removed a rear deck on them. :DD:poop

Guest MidcoastMW
:beer:lol2:beer ive never had a problem with these. The bulldozer works fine. I push it down..tight as it may be...but then after its down past the tint I slide it sideways, past the side of the light then relax it and pull it out. :DD its never been a problem with me...and ive never removed a rear deck on them. :DD:poop

:spit damn, if you got a bulldozer back there thats pretty good!! You may be thinking of a diffrent model tho, cuz there is no third brake light in the one I did. Was a 2 Dr. SI. I beleive the light is in the decklid spoiler.

I stick a long screw driver under the panel at the bottom of the deck right where the back seat hits it. after I pry it away I stick the screw driver in between the rear deck and meatal part and pop the bottom of the screw driver ip and it pops the thing loose :spit its actually very easy after you do it once. the nexxt time I get one I will post pictures how I do it.

1 fold seat down

2 stick long screwdriver between deck and metal and pry the clips loose

3 next wedge the screwdriver bewteen the pryed back deck and hit the head of the screwdriver in a upeards movement in the center and about 5 inches in from both sides, this will pop the white clips loose and you can pull it out, there are a couple remaining clips in the back but you can pull it loose by hand at this point

4 wallah :poop

you will have to undo the brake light harness first. then take a trim tool or plyers and remove the plastic clips because they will more than likely stay on the car.

Archived