No tucky seals on Civics folks

Guest darkdan

Guest darkdan

Apparently over at the civic board sedans (and I'm guessing coupes too) are having problems when people tuck the seals.

I'm guessing that bottom seal isn't coming up and it requires the door panel to be removed and seal heated and flipped back into place to fix the problem.

So no tucky tucky or make sure you get that bottom seal flipped.

panels are cake anyway :beer why tuck?

exactly....I tried doing one without taking off the door panels one time, on a two door, tucked the rubbers, chick came back a week later, yep, the bottom rubber didn't pop up, the window was rolling up all goofy, ending up taking off the panel anyway, which is what I normally do! :dunno

No tucky!! :beer

Guest MidcoastMW
If I tuck any rubber, I pull it back up befor the customer takes the car.... :lol

:dunno

I do it on rare occasions. If I do its on vehicles that only have one flap and its tall...

I just show them when they pick up the car/truck. I just tell them roll it all the way down first, and if the gasket needs a little help up help it. Usually their the GM trucks etc.... and the customers arent scared of, or dumbfounded by the concept why its tucked.

But like I said.... I rarley do this. I am a panel puller :lol

:thumb

Guest darkdan
If I tuck any rubber, I pull it back up befor the customer takes the car.... :cool

:)

The problem is apparently it must be hard to untuck the bottom seal. So tinters are giving back the vehicles with the top one untucked and the bottom one tucked still.

Archived