tint on LS 460

Guest cmintenn

Guest cmintenn

I purchased a 2007 LS460 a few months ago in white. I have always had my windows tinted, but also have always had black cars. I think tints look best on black cars. Anyway... I went to a reputable place here in Nashville and got the Lexus windows tinted. But then had it removed.

Before it was done I explained that I did not want the tint to look blue or gray. With the car being white with a beige interior, I wanted more of a brownish tint. (is that tacky?) After the windows were tinted, of course it had that blue-gray look. I also think it was too dark of a tint for the car. It also looked like there were all of these tiny hairs under the tint. The tint company said the windows were flawed... and Lexus said the tint was flawed. Any opinions on what I can do from here?

Thanks!

Guest haroldshouseoftint

not sure of the area, but if your looking for a "neutral" or brownish looking film, look into a ceramic film, it doesn't change the tone of the glass, and has very high #'s for as light as the film is. :lol

As far as the "hairs" in the film, if the film is removed from the glass, and you can still see the problem areas, it's the glass, if the film is off and you don't see it, it was in the installation of the film.

:thumb to the board, and good luck in your adventure :lol6

Guest Litespeeds

Those little hairs is the felt from the felt trim. The shop or tinter that did the work got contamination between the film and glass from the felt. I would not accept alot of that but if there are a couple here and there, it is ok.

The glass on the car has a slight greenish hue so it is very difficult to get a brownish/bronze shade out of it. I would have recommended Sungard Desert Charcoal about 5+ years ago as that had a hint of brown without being bronze. You might consider the Suntek HP Bronze film but I don't know how that would look on your car because I don't carry that film.

You should have the tint shop remove the film because of contamination but make sure they don't use a razor blade to scrape off the glue from the back window, otherwise you will have damaged defrost lines that no longer work. Good luck.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
I went to a reputable place here in Nashville and got the Lexus windows tinted.
where are you located, there is probably a reputable tinter on here that can help you out :duck

:gasp Glad I could help :duck

:gasp Glad I could help :duck

I saw the nashville but I thought maybe she drove it to there or bought the car there and had it done. Even if she lives in Nashville theres probably more than one shop in Nashville

Just trying to help :duck

Guest darkdan

Drive to Atlanta?

We have family in Nashville! Drive there, tint, make some green, visit our family in Nashville!

It's on the way to Mom's house for Christmas!!!!!

(yes, go ahead and stereotype us.....we have family in EVER part of the south).

Archived