Llumar ATR vs Global

Guest jpswanson

I signed up with Global for a little bit, The window film I dont think shrinks as good as ATR. My problem was that , as soon as I signed up and placed an order, which was the first order, literally to be filled out of the new Barrie location, all correspondance was cut off, they never returned phone calls or emails. NOT A FAN of the customer service. The one good think I can say about the film tho, I loved teh anti-static release liner, made tougher conditions a bit easier. So from a mobile service standpoint, it was ok, but for the shop, I am pretty sure I am not going to leave Llumar, the film is tried tested and true, and you cant ignore that !

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I signed up with Global for a little bit, The window film I dont think shrinks as good as ATR. My problem was that , as soon as I signed up and placed an order, which was the first order, literally to be filled out of the new Barrie location, all correspondance was cut off, they never returned phone calls or emails. NOT A FAN of the customer service. The one good think I can say about the film tho, I loved teh anti-static release liner, made tougher conditions a bit easier. So from a mobile service standpoint, it was ok, but for the shop, I am pretty sure I am not going to leave Llumar, the film is tried tested and true, and you cant ignore that !

Oh the Barrie distributor wasn't great to deal with?

my global distributor is great, tons of knowledge & useful information. We fax our P.O's & we get a confirmation call. :rollin:rollin

Guest jpswanson

ihave no idea what the deal was, I told them customer service was a major factor in what company I deal with aside from quality, I spent over a grand in one order, I got no calls, no newsletters, NOTHING, ! I stopped using anything of theirs, the film tho, wasnt bad, I am stil partial to the Llumar atr series. the problem I had with the global for shrinking is that even though it could take a higher heat, it stretched when you go to smooth it out with your hand. that was my experience. hope it helps?

ihave no idea what the deal was, I told them customer service was a major factor in what company I deal with aside from quality, I spent over a grand in one order, I got no calls, no newsletters, NOTHING, ! I stopped using anything of theirs, the film tho, wasnt bad, I am stil partial to the Llumar atr series. the problem I had with the global for shrinking is that even though it could take a higher heat, it stretched when you go to smooth it out with your hand. that was my experience. hope it helps?

Interesting.... thanks :beer And where the hell is Thamesford? :beer

Guest jpswanson

LMAO OK, for anyone out there who is a bit mystified as to where on God's green earth Thamesford is..................#2 highway, (also called dundas street) almost dead in the middle between Woodstock and London Ontario. Its a fantastic location, 15 min from woodstock, 15 min from London, 7 min from Ingersoll, 20 min from Stratford, its great !!!!

LMAO OK, for anyone out there who is a bit mystified as to where on God's green earth Thamesford is..................#2 highway, (also called dundas street) almost dead in the middle between Woodstock and London Ontario. Its a fantastic location, 15 min from woodstock, 15 min from London, 7 min from Ingersoll, 20 min from Stratford, its great !!!!

Oh right on, I just wasn't sure exactly where it was. I kind of assumed London area... I'm in Peterborough, so you're a hella ways away from me :thumb

Archived