WARNING for Dark Tint Outlaws

Guest tint phantom

Guest pmuzik
It seems now the gov. getting cut backs on theare allotted spending theare giveing out allot of tickets for illegall tint. I received one today for front doors and windsheild, $74 each and on top of all that I have to appear in front of the judge cause I had my buisness signs on my truck and the officer then new I do it as a buisness. so I have to see if I get the big fat fine for installing illegall tint I think it's $10,000 here in FL. :mad p.s. yall prey I dont get the book thrown at me it could wipe me out, and I help two other family's besides my own. Im worry about them if I lose every thing.

Educate thyself

florida code sections pertaining to window film OR as they say in Florida "sunscreening" :lol Looks like a second class misdemeanor $500 bucks and 60 days :thumb, Watch your six !!! :lol

Good luck :rollin

316.2951 Motor vehicle windows; definitions.

316.2952 Windshields; requirements; restrictions.

316.2953 Side windows; restrictions on sunscreening material.

316.2954 Windows behind the driver; restrictions on sunscreening material.

316.29545 Window sunscreening exclusions; medical exemption; certain law enforcement vehicles exempt.

316.2955 Window sunscreening material; compliance labeling; tolerances.

316.2956 Violation of provisions relating to windshields, windows, and sunscreening material; penalties.

316.2957 Exemption for motor vehicle manufacturers.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
p.s. yall prey I dont get the book thrown at me it could wipe me out

rrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. and it's prAy.

I feel stupid today! I look stupid today! so it must be STUPID! :rollin

Live and learn and remember this is just the internet. I hope you hang out here more and get to understand better the long term ramifications to all these guys if film were outlawed. Like I said in an earlier post, learn from you mistake and become better but don’t beat yourself up or let some of the remarks here bring you down. You can’t be to stupid if you have made it this long in such a cutthroat business. A mistake that’s it……..

Stan

Guest tint phantom
some tinters are addicted to tinting !llegally. they want to follow the rules, but, they just can't. the rush of breaking the law, the cash money, the prestige... I will be starting the first chapter of the ITA (!llegal Tinters Anonymous) and will be taking membership requests starting immediately. meetings will be here on wednesdays at 7:00 PM ET. the first step is admitting you have a problem.

I dont think its an adiction or presige. Its the ppl presure to tint dark here in fl.if they dont get it dark from you the tinter down the street or these days, next door well do it.and I know if you cant deliver prompt service you lose.so its really bad you lose either way. the reason my windsheild was tinted, because a while back there was a rash of young punks thought it was cool to throw stuff off the over passes cement blocks and stuff at cars driving under them, so I thought it would be good protection.and for the doors being one shade darker than law permits is the glare is hell down here. so I did it to be safer not to be cool or smuggle illeagles or dr*gs or drink while im driving.Hell I tinted illeagal for police private dect. lawyers even a judge. its common down here. I dont know any body but one maybe that dosent tint ileagally.

some tinters are addicted to tinting !llegally. they want to follow the rules, but, they just can't. the rush of breaking the law, the cash money, the prestige... I will be starting the first chapter of the ITA (!llegal Tinters Anonymous) and will be taking membership requests starting immediately. meetings will be here on wednesdays at 7:00 PM ET. the first step is admitting you have a problem.

I dont think its an adiction or presige. Its the ppl presure to tint dark here in fl.if they dont get it dark from you the tinter down the street or these days, next door well do it.and I know if you cant deliver prompt service you lose.so its really bad you lose either way. the reason my windsheild was tinted, because a while back there was a rash of young punks thought it was cool to throw stuff off the over passes cement blocks and stuff at cars driving under them, so I thought it would be good protection.and for the doors being one shade darker than law permits is the glare is hell down here. so I did it to be safer not to be cool or smuggle illeagles or dr*gs or drink while im driving.Hell I tinted illeagal for police private dect. lawyers even a judge. its common down here. I dont know any body but one maybe that dosent tint ileagally.

Good post, Phantom. I do agree. I find it hard to believe all who post here have NEVER put a piece of film on that was !llegal. Especially the posters from tough law states. Anyone fron a 70% state who tints autos for a living would be out of business in a day if they did all legal!!! :rollin

Not sure how it works in florida, but in the state of hawaii you need to be caught in the act of installing for them to fine you. Whats to say you didnt buy the truck already tinted. that is a possibility. As for the exsisting fine I would just remove all the tint for now take photos and cross your fingers.

Guest bgtint

Do what I did. I removed the tint prior to going to court and then apologize to the judge, and tell him you had no intention of breaking the law. Then he will sent the bailiff to look at your car and the case was dropped. Good luck though!

Guest tint phantom
I hope nothing but the best for you.

But with 30 years experience you'd figure you'd learn your lesson not to install dark tint and then put your company name on it :twocents

Thats what I"m thinking :evilgrin

Yea I feel real stupid.Ijust posted aweek or so about tint wavers and care. and said the tinters rule #1 is no paper trail leeding the law back to you. I THINK ITS TIME to practice what I post! dum! dum! :lol

Guest kflemin9
the laws aren't followed much in my county, or state for that matter. see people on the road all day ridin dark. sunstrips on top and bottom of windshield have become super popular here. especially on dodge trucks for some reason. I know that's !llegal, however, I pass one or two everyday. must depend on the region. anyone else have it easy???

ive seen this more often as well but still dont understand why someone would throw an 8" strip ath the bottom of the windsheild.. does anyone here have a valid purpose for doing this??

Archived