WARNING for Dark Tint Outlaws

Guest tint phantom

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
I tint many law enforcement vehicles including marked police units, DEA undercover units, Narcotics Task Force undercover units, and even the local District Attorney units and not one single car is tinted legally. Never have they wanted 70% up front. The usual is more like 30% and sometimes as low as 5%. I have tinted multiple marked police cruisers with 50% on the front windows. If local law enforcement doesnt even follow the laws how can you expect a normal citizen too. Just my thought.
Ditto! Tint, they do it around my way too & their personal vehicles, in fact a friend of mine who is a detective has 5% all around his personal vehicle & when he gets stopped for speeding etc, he just shows them his badge & nothing happens.

Check your states laws before you state that LEO vehicles are being tinted !llegal. Almost every state has an exemption for certain vehicles, Cop cars being one of those exemptions. I'm not saying its so in your state, but I'd bet it is. Is it right? NO! Is it fair? NO! Do I agree with it? NO! But it's the way it is, and it's the law. Whether or not we agree with it, or no matter how unfair or unjust, we either follow the laws or reap the consequences. Sorry if someone thinks I am lambasting. No amount of debating the fairness or righteousness of these laws is gonna change these laws. The simple fact is that they are laws to be enforced. We all have choices to either obey them or not. And just because one lives in a state that allows only 50% (or lighter) and darker is legal in other states does NOT give one lisence to break the laws in thier state. Don't like the laws in your state? Either try and get them changed, or move to a more tint friendly state. Or you can just do what you want, tint however you want, but just don't look for sympathy.

Sliderred, If there is a law enforcement exemption in your state, by extention the exemption applies to thier POV's as well since LEO's are considered on duty 24/7. Again, is it right or fair? Hell NO, but it IS the way things are, and no amount of whining and discussion is gonna change it. Change can ONLY come by challenging the law in court, and thats an uphill battle.

Well im still slinging tint. I fought the law and I won! a little insite on getting busted for todark tint. there's to ways to handle the laws. #1 lay down like a lamb, admit your gilt pay the fines carry a conviction and a criminal record.or #2 buy the best lawyer in town and take your time going to tial, drag it out for as long as you can.file a continiuance wave your right to a speedy tial. after about 3 months the district attorny is antsy to get your case off his docket and is willing to make a deal. all I had to do is plea nocontest and pay court cost all charges were droped.even the traffic tickets. :lock alls THANKS to all who supported me, GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

OUTSTANDING!!!!! At least ya stood up! Glad it worked out!!! I just wish more people would fight rather than roll over and take the path of least resistance (or expense) and just pay the ticket. By paing a ticket for these laws, we are in effect agreeing with the laws.

It's not about fairness. You are entitled to the best defense money can buy. In this country, justice IS for sale.

Oh and one more thing. Custom Tinting, I have no idea who you are, or why you have an ax to grind with me. If you do have one why not try being a man and deal with me in person via phone, email, or in person rather than bore the others here withn your rhetoric? Evidently I DO know you, or vice versa, but this hiding behind your anonymity is getting boring, trite, and childish.

But was the summons for the !llegal tint as a driver or shop owner. The parethesis just seems like a way for the cop to make it look better for him in giving you the ticket when you got into court. The old 'As an installer, you should have known better" deal. :beer

Guest tint phantom
But was the summons for the !llegal tint as a driver or shop owner. The parethesis just seems like a way for the cop to make it look better for him in giving you the ticket when you got into court. The old 'As an installer, you should have known better" deal. :beer

yea, should have known better, but with every mistake a person tends to learn more. I learn how to deal with laws. and how not to get caught next time. :lol

I tint many law enforcement vehicles including marked police units, DEA undercover units, Narcotics Task Force undercover units, and even the local District Attorney units and not one single car is tinted legally. Never have they wanted 70% up front. The usual is more like 30% and sometimes as low as 5%. I have tinted multiple marked police cruisers with 50% on the front windows. If local law enforcement doesnt even follow the laws how can you expect a normal citizen too. Just my thought.
Ditto! Tint, they do it around my way too & their personal vehicles, in fact a friend of mine who is a detective has 5% all around his personal vehicle & when he gets stopped for speeding etc, he just shows them his badge & nothing happens.

Check your states laws before you state that LEO vehicles are being tinted !llegal. Almost every state has an exemption for certain vehicles, Cop cars being one of those exemptions. I'm not saying its so in your state, but I'd bet it is. Is it right? NO! Is it fair? NO! Do I agree with it? NO! But it's the way it is, and it's the law. Whether or not we agree with it, or no matter how unfair or unjust, we either follow the laws or reap the consequences. Sorry if someone thinks I am lambasting. No amount of debating the fairness or righteousness of these laws is gonna change these laws. The simple fact is that they are laws to be enforced. We all have choices to either obey them or not. And just because one lives in a state that allows only 50% (or lighter) and darker is legal in other states does NOT give one lisence to break the laws in thier state. Don't like the laws in your state? Either try and get them changed, or move to a more tint friendly state. Or you can just do what you want, tint however you want, but just don't look for sympathy.

Sliderred, If there is a law enforcement exemption in your state, by extention the exemption applies to thier POV's as well since LEO's are considered on duty 24/7. Again, is it right or fair? Hell NO, but it IS the way things are, and no amount of whining and discussion is gonna change it. Change can ONLY come by challenging the law in court, and thats an uphill battle.

Well im still slinging tint. I fought the law and I won! a little insite on getting busted for todark tint. there's to ways to handle the laws. #1 lay down like a lamb, admit your gilt pay the fines carry a conviction and a criminal record.or #2 buy the best lawyer in town and take your time going to tial, drag it out for as long as you can.file a continiuance wave your right to a speedy tial. after about 3 months the district attorny is antsy to get your case off his docket and is willing to make a deal. all I had to do is plea nocontest and pay court cost all charges were droped.even the traffic tickets. :beer alls THANKS to all who supported me, GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

OUTSTANDING!!!!! At least ya stood up! Glad it worked out!!! I just wish more people would fight rather than roll over and take the path of least resistance (or expense) and just pay the ticket. By paing a ticket for these laws, we are in effect agreeing with the laws.

It's not about fairness. You are entitled to the best defense money can buy. In this country, justice IS for sale.

Oh and one more thing. Custom Tinting, I have no idea who you are, or why you have an ax to grind with me. If you do have one why not try being a man and deal with me in person via phone, email, or in person rather than bore the others here withn your rhetoric? Evidently I DO know you, or vice versa, but this hiding behind your anonymity is getting boring, trite, and childish.

The NTF Supervisor stated that he had to have a meeting with the local highway patrol officials so that they wouldn't cite his agents. They were getting pulled over and were getting citations for !llegal tint. They agreed that only up to 30% would be allowed on the vehicles. The local PD supervisor instructed his officers to remove all !llegal tint on any of their vehicles after a woman who was cited took photos of their tinted vehicles and presented the photos to the judge. Her case was dismissed. No one is above the law, Officer or not.

Well im still slinging tint. I fought the law and I won! a little insite on getting busted for todark tint. there's to ways to handle the laws. #1 lay down like a lamb, admit your gilt pay the fines carry a conviction and a criminal record.or #2 buy the best lawyer in town and take your time going to tial, drag it out for as long as you can.file a continiuance wave your right to a speedy tial. after about 3 months the district attorny is antsy to get your case off his docket and is willing to make a deal. all I had to do is plea nocontest and pay court cost all charges were droped.even the traffic tickets. :beer alls THANKS to all who supported me, GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

No contest plea=guilty plea.

If you had won, you would have gone to trial and been found NOT GUILTY by a Judge or a Jury.

I did not notice what state you are in, but Texas and Arizona treat a no contest the same as a guilty plea.

Maybe it is different where you are ? :twocents

Guest seththecold

This is very true, my vehicle is tinted 5% all the way around INCLUDING 10% in the front windshield, though I have a medical condition for this so it legal all I do is have to show my permit signed by the officials and they do not bother me so its kind of nice, and yes I am VERY sensitive to light.

This is very true, my vehicle is tinted 5% all the way around INCLUDING 10% in the front windshield, though I have a medical condition for this so it legal all I do is have to show my permit signed by the officials and they do not bother me so its kind of nice, and yes I am VERY sensitive to light.

im sensitive to light too... but 10% on the winshield??? reallly?

I wear sunglasses until its dark out - so I understand... but :rollin!?!?!?!?!

Archived