Bekaert/SolarGard Sets up my biggest Dealership

Guest chriscoon

Gary was our Rep a few years back In AZ. The dealership I was at was a in-house deal. The service manager at the time arranged for Bekaert to get a kickback on the film we bought. Ironically, that service manager moved in the northeast a little while back.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checked my email today and got the new newsletter. Here is what the first line said...

"The Beat: Solar Gard®’s Brand New Look

We are doing everything we can to make sure you have all the tools you need to run a successful business. To help you bring in new customers, we have given Solar Gard a fresh, new look that shares the excitement of the industry’s best window film."

They forgot to mention they will make your customers your competition.

Roll with change or sink :rollin Gary is a great guy working for a :lol2 company. He was moved from out west last year.

Well if he IS such a good guy he should have tried to find out who was servicing the dealership before he greedily sold the plotter to them.

I still say - Partner with BSF and they will steal your business.

They have yet to contact me and offer any apologies for such a blunder. My Llumar rep called me today to let me know that the same dealership has inquired of them about buying their film, so BSF has lost film sales to me AND their new Dealership account if they buy from CP. Kinda slitting their own throat, because I was loyal to them.

At least CP Films rep called me to keep me in the loop, Gary Claussen just saw $$ signs. Bekaert used to be a good company, not anymore. LAME!

You are right, it is BS.... no way around it.... good guy or not still BS. A few years ago they put distance between CC and SG but now the distance is with Panarama and SG. Hard to figure the plan. BK might be prepping to sell all but the Panarama line :lol2 I hear all the time from reps that selling FG is the big money for them and the company. Look at the R and D for auto and then FG :tantrum

What they did too you was just STUPID and Will come back to bit them on the assss :rollin

Roll with change or sink :lol2 Gary is a great guy working for a :lol company. He was moved from out west last year.

Well if he IS such a good guy he should have tried to find out who was servicing the dealership before he greedily sold the plotter to them.

I still say - Partner with BSF and they will steal your business.

They have yet to contact me and offer any apologies for such a blunder. My Llumar rep called me today to let me know that the same dealership has inquired of them about buying their film, so BSF has lost film sales to me AND their new Dealership account if they buy from CP. Kinda slitting their own throat, because I was loyal to them.

At least CP Films rep called me to keep me in the loop, Gary Claussen just saw $$ signs. Bekaert used to be a good company, not anymore. LAME!

You are right, it is BS.... no way around it.... good guy or not still BS. A few years ago they put distance between CC and SG but now the distance is with Panarama and SG. Hard to figure the plan. BK might be prepping to sell all but the Panarama line :hmmm I hear all the time from reps that selling FG is the big money for them and the company. Look at the R and D for auto and then FG :thumb

What they did too you was just STUPID and Will come back to bit them on the assss :lol

I hope your right.

UPDATE - The new in-house tinter gave up for the time being on working the plotter. It seems it kept screwing up patterns and bunching up the film. It took him 5 hours to tint one Mini Cooper by hand! :hmmm:lol:lol

This is the part where you sit back and enjoy the fun. They'll be coming back to you. I had a similar situation where the dealership sent someone to tint school. He came back, did it for a week or two, and quit. lol

Heym WE, have you gone back in yet to offer to tint for them??... :hmmm Now that they have the plotter onsite for you, you are all set... :spit Let em stew for a bit and when they lose their 2nd, 3rd or 4th tinter in a few months, they will be prime for you to take em back. Thats when you go in and offer to do it for them, but, of course your prices have increased since they cut you out.....Of course, I say :rest 'em!!!!!

Tint Schools... :rest SUCK!

Depends on the student. I have a former student from two years ago that is here for a wrap class this week that made 100 K this his second year. Some never do anything, the worst thing students can do is go back and think they can tint windows without practicing what I have taught them. Window tinting is not “art” it is skills that you learn and have to continue learning the rest of your career.

Mr. Rogers

Heym WE, have you gone back in yet to offer to tint for them??... :bdog Now that they have the plotter onsite for you, you are all set... :lol2 Let em stew for a bit and when they lose their 2nd, 3rd or 4th tinter in a few months, they will be prime for you to take em back. Thats when you go in and offer to do it for them, but, of course your prices have increased since they cut you out.....Of course, I say :lol2 'em!!!!!

I plan to do just that. :nono

This is an opportunity to make some real money. There is more money tinting customer cars and there is more money doing res/comm. work. Dealer work is the bottom of the food chain. Get over it, this is your chance to shine. Somebody, however, should inform the dealer that as soon as he gets people trained, they will quit and start their own business. I see that as a greater risk to your business. New competition getting trained by the dealership.

Archived