RESPONSIBILITY

Guest tint phantom

Guest tint phantom

its not our responsilbility to enforce this law. its unconsitutional to make us obey this law.

1.stereo tech.s dont get sited for installing loud music over the noise limit. 2.stereo tech.s dont get sited for installing dvd players in the front of the drivers seat. 3. truck tech.s dont get sited for installing lift kits on 4x4 that make them 4ft. off the ground. 4. exhaust tech.s dont get sited for installing loud pipes or taking the catylists off. 5. engine tech.s dont get sited for installing nos. or super chargers makeing the auto go well over three times the speed limit. it singles us out of the rest and thats descrimination thats a fact! the responsibility lyes on the auto owner and law enforcment, not you or me or any tint tech. if the insurance com.s have issues with dark tint, dont pay the claims on dark tinted cars. they dont pay claims on houses built on the coast. if law enforcment have issues with dark tint, make the fines stiffer I think a $75 fine is too leineant. it should be $275. appeared in court today for installing dark tint on my work truck. my trial date is 7-17-08 ill let you all know the outcome on GOT BUSTED FOR !llegal TINT. im legal are you?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest onesmf

Ever hear of a waiver? You seem like you certainly are aware of the tint laws in your area. Should a customer request darker tint than lawfull, put them on the line. I am sure you are have enough experience to "put the ball in the their court" when it comes to such violations. When you walk into court with a document outlining that the purchaser was aware of the current tinting laws and they opted to disregard the warnings, you are covered. In addition, always remember, 95% of us are law abiding individuals with nothing to hide, however law enforcement personnel do not know this when approaching you for the first time. Sure there are some cowboys out there, but the vast majority of law enforcement are just like you and me, just trying to make a living, not wanting to get shot, and certainly reasonable. Good luck with that.

Ever hear of a waiver? You seem like you certainly are aware of the tint laws in your area. Should a customer request darker tint than lawfull, put them on the line. I am sure you are have enough experience to "put the ball in the their court" when it comes to such violations. When you walk into court with a document outlining that the purchaser was aware of the current tinting laws and they opted to disregard the warnings, you are covered. In addition, always remember, 95% of us are law abiding individuals with nothing to hide, however law enforcement personnel do not know this when approaching you for the first time. Sure there are some cowboys out there, but the vast majority of law enforcement are just like you and me, just trying to make a living, not wanting to get shot, and certainly reasonable. Good luck with that.

Waivers only prove that you do !llegal work. They will actually work against you and you will be fined for installing !llegal tint.

Guest CajunTinter

Waivers only prove that you do !llegal work. They will actually work against you and you will be fined for installing !llegal tint.

:rimshot:dmc

Guest tint phantom

BULLSEYE! :thumb

Guest Key West
its not our responsilbility to enforce this law. its unconsitutional to make us obey this law.

1.stereo tech.s dont get sited for installing loud music over the noise limit. 2.stereo tech.s dont get sited for installing dvd players in the front of the drivers seat. 3. truck tech.s dont get sited for installing lift kits on 4x4 that make them 4ft. off the ground. 4. exhaust tech.s dont get sited for installing loud pipes or taking the catylists off. 5. engine tech.s dont get sited for installing nos. or super chargers makeing the auto go well over three times the speed limit. it singles us out of the rest and thats descrimination thats a fact! the responsibility lyes on the auto owner and law enforcment, not you or me or any tint tech. if the insurance com.s have issues with dark tint, dont pay the claims on dark tinted cars. they dont pay claims on houses built on the coast. if law enforcment have issues with dark tint, make the fines stiffer I think a $75 fine is too leineant. it should be $275. appeared in court today for installing dark tint on my work truck. my trial date is 7-17-08 ill let you all know the outcome on GOT BUSTED FOR !llegal TINT. im legal are you?

You make some good points. (except for #4, its one hell of a fine (and possibly more) in most parts to remove a catalytic converter). Are you pissed off enough yet? Are ANY of you pissed off enough yet? Are you pissed off enough to get proactive and actually try and make some changes instead of p1ss1ng and moaning? For the past 15 or so years, I have heard ALOT of bitching about the tint laws, and their constitutionality, yet I have heard very few answers proposed. And the few people who have proposed any viable answers have been ridiculed into silence, or their efforts have been actively sabotaged.

There have been a few attempts at "organizing" trade organizations, only to be scoffed at and ridiculed for the effort by the very ones who bitch about the state of affairs we are in. Hopefully, you are not one of those types and will get proactive. NOTHING is going to change unless this industry changes. That means that those involved are going to have to change their mindset, and change their business practices. Unless this industry can come together in a united front, it's gonna get worse. There is too much divisiveness, too many folks look at others as competition, rather than fraternal brothers and sisters who are facing being legislated out of work.

As for whether or not its our responsibility to enforce these laws, you are right, it's not. It IS, however, our responsibility to obey those laws whether or not they are constitutional. And if it is !llegal to INSTALL film not in compliance (as it is in most states), then do not install !llegal film. If you insist on doing so, quit crying. Bitching about constitutional issues is a moot point, because thanx to our gov't, our constitution is a moot point.

TintPhantom, this is not directed at you, please dont take it so. It's directed at all of those out there that it applies to. If it doesn't apply to you, no harm no foul. If it does, take a good hard look at your seves and your business practices before you start in on how unfair the laws are. Continuing on our present course will only result in further legislation against this industry.

Guest thatsnappyguy

back to topic....

it is !llegal for a person to do dr*gs...

it is !llegal for a person to provide the dr*gs to the user. cops are trained and paid to stop crime at the source. stop the source, no more crime.

it is !llegal to have dark tint b/c it poses a threat to police officers on traffic stops. ect.. it is a safety hazard to everyone. although window tint may provide comfort and protection for the harmful sun, there are too many other issues that beat agaist the permission to having dark tint. cops arent the only ones that dont want it. how do u feel when ur at a red light with a monte carlo next to u with dark ass tint....well in new orleans, u wouldnt feel so safe...cajun can back me on that one. maybe its a different story in arkansas or kansas...its a different kind of....well im not getting in to that here but u can watch the news.

yea I agree that it should be the customers problem once they roll out the bay, not the tinters. but I dont see it getting to that point any time soon. all the other places that deal with NOS and all that other stuff talked about should be in the same boat as us, whether we are help liable or the customer only. which ever way, they shouldnt have a line btween us and the other guys.

Guest tiger_football

Some of the original points lack merit. A stereo can be installed and used properly (within legal limits). A DVD player installed in front of the driver can be used responsibly (when the car is parked). A supercharger can be installed and used legally (driven on public highways, then fully used on the track).

I can't comment on the 4x4 lift, removing the cat, or NOS so these are perhaps good examples.

How can !llegal tint be used legally? Maybe if the windows were always down while driving? (CA is anything behind the driver and 70 net in front)

If it is not our responsibility to enforce the tint laws, do we have a responsibility for the well-being of others? For public safety?

back to topic....

it is !llegal for a person to do dr*gs...

it is !llegal for a person to provide the dr*gs to the user. cops are trained and paid to stop crime at the source. stop the source, no more crime.

it is !llegal to have dark tint b/c it poses a threat to police officers on traffic stops. ect.. it is a safety hazard to everyone. although window tint may provide comfort and protection for the harmful sun, there are too many other issues that beat agaist the permission to having dark tint. cops arent the only ones that dont want it. how do u feel when ur at a red light with a monte carlo next to u with dark ass tint....well in new orleans, u wouldnt feel so safe...cajun can back me on that one. maybe its a different story in arkansas or kansas...its a different kind of....well im not getting in to that here but u can watch the news.

yea I agree that it should be the customers problem once they roll out the bay, not the tinters. but I dont see it getting to that point any time soon. all the other places that deal with NOS and all that other stuff talked about should be in the same boat as us, whether we are help liable or the customer only. which ever way, they shouldnt have a line btween us and the other guys.

I have heard this BS arguement a thousand times and dude it just doesn't hold water. dr*gs are !llegal to use, possess, distribute ect. without the Government allowing it. We are TINTING WINDOWS the sale of the product is not regulated by the state or federal government. Its not !llegal to have dark tint in your possession. Its not !llegal to buy or sell.

Inhale air and get back on earth the TINT/Dr*g is apples/oranges

Its a morality issue nothing more. In NYS the only law on the books concerning window tint is the same traffic violation you get for driving with tinted glass $50 fine +$25 surcharge.

I am still waiting to hear someone with 1st hand knowledge of some receiving a summons for tinting windows

Archived