RESPONSIBILITY

Guest tint phantom

Pure and simple, people. DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO STAY IN BUSINESS. You have to live with your practices, and those who preach, are'nt always doing it on the up and up so much as they say. As the title reads, RESPONSIBILITY! You have to take responsibility for what you do, and don't have to answer to anyone. And those who would push their view or agenda, please remember the old adage: "Those who live in glass houses, should'nt throw stones......"

And to Rick,

Relax brother, that issue will probably still be there for the party who felt wronged for awhile, but will fade. It was an eye opener, not just in that issue, but in the issue of caution when dealing with those you do not know well enough (whether here, the whole internet, or wherever). If everyone learned something from it, that is good. You run a great site here, and need to have your rules and controls, but don't let it give you a heart attack!!!!

To CE:

It's done, my freind. Time to let it fade away. Everyone know the story and has made their opinions on it. You are doing good business, from your posts, and do not need to let this enter any part of your life. Your life lesson was aquired, use it to become a better businessman and tinter, and move forward!!!

MM: same advice I gave CE. At one point, I got involved in this issue, but realized that it was a waste of my time. I believe in Karma, and feel that if you do right, it comes back to you, and if you do wrong, it comes back 5 fold. Don't let it enter one more second of your life.

To others: no comment........ :?

Back on subject, many states laws read that it is !llegal to operate a motor vehicle with windows tinted below that allowable by law. It is not !llegal to install. Therefore, in those states, the tinter is not breaking the law. The product is legal, only operating the vehicle with it on is not. Laws vary from state to state and blanket statements can be incorrect.

As far as an organization of tinters. We all know the idea was bandied about awhile back. Whether or not people scoffed, if thidea was more than a pipe dream, we should see something coming. The last statements I read on it, it was already on paper, with the major parties filing for non-profit status and so on. Ithink it was v4v or vclimber that posted it was still around. Hopefully we will see.

Those who live in the past, never have a future. Those who forget the past are condemmed to repeat it!!!!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
back to topic....

it is !llegal for a person to do dr*gs...

it is !llegal for a person to provide the dr*gs to the user. cops are trained and paid to stop crime at the source. stop the source, no more crime.

it is !llegal to have dark tint b/c it poses a threat to police officers on traffic stops. ect.. it is a safety hazard to everyone. although window tint may provide comfort and protection for the harmful sun, there are too many other issues that beat agaist the permission to having dark tint. cops arent the only ones that dont want it. how do u feel when ur at a red light with a monte carlo next to u with dark ass tint....well in new orleans, u wouldnt feel so safe...cajun can back me on that one. maybe its a different story in arkansas or kansas...its a different kind of....well im not getting in to that here but u can watch the news.

yea I agree that it should be the customers problem once they roll out the bay, not the tinters. but I dont see it getting to that point any time soon. all the other places that deal with NOS and all that other stuff talked about should be in the same boat as us, whether we are help liable or the customer only. which ever way, they shouldnt have a line btween us and the other guys.

I have heard this BS arguement a thousand times and dude it just doesn't hold water. dr*gs are !llegal to use, possess, distribute ect. without the Government allowing it. We are TINTING WINDOWS the sale of the product is not regulated by the state or federal government. Its not !llegal to have dark tint in your possession. Its not !llegal to buy or sell.

Inhale air and get back on earth the TINT/Dr*g is apples/oranges

Its a morality issue nothing more. In NYS the only law on the books concerning window tint is the same traffic violation you get for driving with tinted glass $50 fine +$25 surcharge.

I am still waiting to hear someone with 1st hand knowledge of some receiving a summons for tinting windows

Right on, Johnny!!!!

Guest tint phantom

those who remember the past can change the future. I think we're talking about !llegal equipment laws, not !llegal Dr*g laws. lets keep it on track dudes. once again, I AM FIGHTING THE INSTALLATION LAW! allredy ben to court, my trial date is set for 7-17-08

well here I am, ben summon to court for installing tint. dum a$$ law any way. I hope I have a good defence lawyer.

Please Clarify

You got a ticket for dark tint on your work truck OR you got a summons for install dark tint. Please give details What state? How did you get caught? Undercover Police car brought in for tint? Over the phone? Did you install the film or just say you would? Did they pay and come back?

well here I am, ben summon to court for installing tint. dum a$$ law any way. I hope I have a good defence lawyer.

Please Clarify

You got a ticket for dark tint on your work truck OR you got a summons for install dark tint. Please give details What state? How did you get caught? Undercover Police car brought in for tint? Over the phone? Did you install the film or just say you would? Did they pay and come back?

If I remember this story correctly, He tinted his work vehicle(or it came tha way) too dark and got pulled over. Had his name on the truck and received a summons to court for it. Don't remember if it was for installing or having it on the truck. But, everyones advice at the time was to re-tint the truck legal, bring it and photos to court and ask for lenience. Now, I may be getting old, but this is what I remember. What say you, Tint Phantom???

Back on subject, many states laws read that it is !llegal to operate a motor vehicle with windows tinted below that allowable by law. It is not !llegal to install. Therefore, in those states, the tinter is not breaking the law. The product is legal, only operating the vehicle with it on is not. Laws vary from state to state and blanket statements can be incorrect.

Hopefully I am on track with this:

In many states it is not legal to operate a motor vehicle with a BAC above the legal limit. It is not against the law to serve alcohol. Therefore, the Bartender and the Tavern are not breaking the law. The product is legal, only being above the BAC is not legal.

This is what I saw when I read the original post by this person. We know that Taverns and Bartenders can be liable, I am guessing a tinter can be held liable as well, based on the way I read it ?

Am in in the ballpark on this, or totally off the mark ?

Guest Sunlimited

In certain states the tinter can be held liable, I was told by a sherrif in FL, to be careful because they are going to start cracking down on the tinter as well as the motorist, haven't seen or heard of it yet. Like Custom said, to each his own, you have to weigh out the monetary loss to the morality of abiding by the law, I try to talk people out of doing anything !llegal, but I also have a family to feed, we've all heard the argument on waivers, but thats what I use. Yes its an admission of guilt, noone will argue that, but it also shows, that I as a tinter advised the motorist of the law. I have a family to feed, and bills to pay just like everyone else and the !llegal jobs help me with that. I'm sure everyone here would like to do only legal installs, hell its easier anyway, dont need a droplight, shrink, cut, clean, peel, and stick, but that doesnt make the tintworld go 'round... :rollin

custom t, is right, got a ticket for too dark and a summons for installing it. :rollin

Your telling me you got 2 tickets 1 for operating a motor vechile with a total vlt lower than state law allows and a ticket for Installing window film darker than state allows.

It just doesnt make sence how did the cop know you installed he didnt see you do it

In certain states the tinter can be held liable, I was told by a sherrif in FL, to be careful because they are going to start cracking down on the tinter as well as the motorist, haven't seen or heard of it yet. Like Custom said, to each his own, you have to weigh out the monetary loss to the morality of abiding by the law, I try to talk people out of doing anything !llegal, but I also have a family to feed, we've all heard the argument on waivers, but thats what I use. Yes its an admission of guilt, noone will argue that, but it also shows, that I as a tinter advised the motorist of the law. I have a family to feed, and bills to pay just like everyone else and the !llegal jobs help me with that. I'm sure everyone here would like to do only legal installs, hell its easier anyway, dont need a droplight, shrink, cut, clean, peel, and stick, but that doesnt make the tintworld go 'round... :rollin

Ive been hearing BS like this since 1995 I still have yet to see a ticket, summons arrest or fine for installing film.

If you did get such a ticket could you post it? block out all private info of course but I would be interested in seeing what law was broken and the wording on the summons. what state.

Archived