RESPONSIBILITY

Guest tint phantom

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ever hear of a waiver? You seem like you certainly are aware of the tint laws in your area. Should a customer request darker tint than lawfull, put them on the line. I am sure you are have enough experience to "put the ball in the their court" when it comes to such violations. When you walk into court with a document outlining that the purchaser was aware of the current tinting laws and they opted to disregard the warnings, you are covered. In addition, always remember, 95% of us are law abiding individuals with nothing to hide, however law enforcement personnel do not know this when approaching you for the first time. Sure there are some cowboys out there, but the vast majority of law enforcement are just like you and me, just trying to make a living, not wanting to get shot, and certainly reasonable. Good luck with that.

See his point in his issues.. I agree with all...

its not our responsilbility to enforce this law. its unconsitutional to make us obey this law.

1.stereo tech.s dont get sited for installing loud music over the noise limit. 2.stereo tech.s dont get sited for installing dvd players in the front of the drivers seat. 3. truck tech.s dont get sited for installing lift kits on 4x4 that make them 4ft. off the ground. 4. exhaust tech.s dont get sited for installing loud pipes or taking the catylists off. 5. engine tech.s dont get sited for installing nos. or super chargers makeing the auto go well over three times the speed limit. it singles us out of the rest and thats descrimination thats a fact! the responsibility lyes on the auto owner and law enforcment, not you or me or any tint tech. if the insurance com.s have issues with dark tint, dont pay the claims on dark tinted cars. they dont pay claims on houses built on the coast. if law enforcment have issues with dark tint, make the fines stiffer I think a $75 fine is too leineant. it should be $275. appeared in court today for installing dark tint on my work truck. my trial date is 7-17-08 ill let you all know the outcome on GOT BUSTED FOR !llegal TINT. im legal are you?

You make some good points. (except for #4, its one hell of a fine (and possibly more) in most parts to remove a catalytic converter). Are you pissed off enough yet? Are ANY of you pissed off enough yet? Are you pissed off enough to get proactive and actually try and make some changes instead of p1ss1ng and moaning? For the past 15 or so years, I have heard ALOT of bitching about the tint laws, and their constitutionality, yet I have heard very few answers proposed. And the few people who have proposed any viable answers have been ridiculed into silence, or their efforts have been actively sabotaged.

There have been a few attempts at "organizing" trade organizations, only to be scoffed at and ridiculed for the effort by the very ones who bitch about the state of affairs we are in. Hopefully, you are not one of those types and will get proactive. NOTHING is going to change unless this industry changes. That means that those involved are going to have to change their mindset, and change their business practices. Unless this industry can come together in a united front, it's gonna get worse. There is too much divisiveness, too many folks look at others as competition, rather than fraternal brothers and sisters who are facing being legislated out of work.

As for whether or not its our responsibility to enforce these laws, you are right, it's not. It IS, however, our responsibility to obey those laws whether or not they are constitutional. And if it is !llegal to INSTALL film not in compliance (as it is in most states), then do not install !llegal film. If you insist on doing so, quit crying. Bitching about constitutional issues is a moot point, because thanx to our gov't, our constitution is a moot point.

TintPhantom, this is not directed at you, please dont take it so. It's directed at all of those out there that it applies to. If it doesn't apply to you, no harm no foul. If it does, take a good hard look at your seves and your business practices before you start in on how unfair the laws are. Continuing on our present course will only result in further legislation against this industry.

Why change industry.. change customers.. His point are valued.. If I have illegal stero.. do they go to the stereo shop no after the customer..Its true singled out...

its not our responsilbility to enforce this law. its unconsitutional to make us obey this law.

1.stereo tech.s dont get sited for installing loud music over the noise limit. 2.stereo tech.s dont get sited for installing dvd players in the front of the drivers seat. 3. truck tech.s dont get sited for installing lift kits on 4x4 that make them 4ft. off the ground. 4. exhaust tech.s dont get sited for installing loud pipes or taking the catylists off. 5. engine tech.s dont get sited for installing nos. or super chargers makeing the auto go well over three times the speed limit. it singles us out of the rest and thats descrimination thats a fact! the responsibility lyes on the auto owner and law enforcment, not you or me or any tint tech. if the insurance com.s have issues with dark tint, dont pay the claims on dark tinted cars. they dont pay claims on houses built on the coast. if law enforcment have issues with dark tint, make the fines stiffer I think a $75 fine is too leineant. it should be $275. appeared in court today for installing dark tint on my work truck. my trial date is 7-17-08 ill let you all know the outcome on GOT BUSTED FOR !llegal TINT. im legal are you?

But is there more to it.?. are you advertising tint on a company vehicle.... ? then it should be a fix it ticket iin most states...?????

Guest user2422

There's not anymore to it. Its a small town.

The officer that gave me the ticket was driving a pickup truck with mud tires and was wearing a 3ft wide cow boy hat.

I'll find my info somewhere else.

Guest user2422
There's not anymore to it. Its a small town.

The officer that gave me the ticket was driving a pickup truck with mud tires and was wearing a 3ft wide cow boy hat.

I'll find my info somewhere else.

I meant to do a reply to tint123.

Guest user2422

But is there more to it.?. are you advertising tint on a company vehicle.... ? then it should be a fix it ticket iin most states...?????

Its a personal vehicle with factory window tint like normal not advertising anything. Its a Honda accord. Everyone in the area calls them "hon-dai's" It cant be a fix it ticket, because the tint is legal.

They refuse to test my window tint.

Guest scottydosnntkno
In Court, it is up to them to prove it is not legal, thus, they will be obligated to produce a light meter showing it is not legal.

:beer somehow, I don't see any truth in that entire story. Unless missouri is THAT backwards with their court system.

everytime I've ever been to court for a ticket, I stand in front of the magistrate, tell my story, the officer tells theirs, and the magistrate either upholds the ticket/fine, or reduces it. Not that hard of a process

ps- NO car comes with 39% tint already on it from the factory, unless its a truck/suv/van, then its going to be darker than that, in the 15-25% range

so again, something is fishy

Guest tint phantom

a custy calls in today, says f.h.p. cop try to get a name where he had his windsheild done at. he said he bought it that way. and the cop kept asking. finally the cop said your tag # is in the computer system now. if you get pulled for illegal tint again it will be a $199 fine. the next day I retinted his windows. th_CARTMAN.gif got tint ? Keep it Legal !

Archived