LS 460

Guest Deep

I have a lexus dealer that I am installing Crystalline for. The product is so rigid and unforgiving. I am jusy looking for advice on the door panel removal. I read all the other posts on the car. I want to make sure I can get a step by step instruction on the removal. Also would like to be able to call someone that has alot of experience with this. pm me if you wold like...Thanks!!

Guest Sunlimited

I dont remove the rears, but the front is 3 scres if remember correcly, one in the handle, and 2 under the window controls. Be VERY careful removing the controls, the wood grain is really fragile and will crack easily. The rest is just pins that hold the panel on, start on the bottom corner and pull them out, than you can pull the panel up and off. I usually put a drop cloth under because a lexus owner will find a scuff on the bottom of the door panel....Good Luck :hmmm

Guest Tintim

I assume you mean the new shape LS.

We take door panels off on these and because, sometimes the front drops can cause problems (catching and creasing on the front bottom corner) we take em out - they are fairly straight forward. As a previous poster said put a drop cloth under the panel.

Rear door panels have blinds on the ones we have done, once the panel is off there are about four screws to take out so that the blind suround comes away - partially. The blind fixes similar to BMW except the male fitting is spring loaded you can lever it out quite easily. This probably is not that much help to you - but remember its just a glorified toyota. Take it steady and you'll find they're not too bad. :thumb

Archived