70% VLT, high heat rejection films?

Guest Diamond

Guest vclimber
:thumb GHOSTING?Check th Periodic Elements Table and you will see that titanium is a white metal.TiN is the after math of the burning of Ti which means that there are very small (nano) particles that have metal. :thumb:

I may be dumb but I think we just figured out who made an azz of himself... :rollin

Titanium nitride (TiN) (sometimes known as Tinite or TiNite) is an extremely hard ceramic material, often used as a coating on titanium alloy, steel, carbide, and aluminium components to improve the substrate's surface properties.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest maddtinter

You believe what you want. It is metal which f@@ks with the signal enabling devices that are in cars or we carry with us.Trust me used it before pulled it of problem disappeared.GO FIGURE! :thumb So does it ghost and look like :rollin from the outside?

Guest vclimber
You believe what you want. It is metal which f@@ks with the signal enabling devices that are in cars or we carry with us.Trust me used it before pulled it of problem disappeared.GO FIGURE! :rollin So does it ghost and look like :thumb from the outside?

Inaccurate information is frowned upon around here. Please research your facts before you post. :thumb

TiN is not metal... if it was, companies like Huper would get sued for false advertising. It is reecognized by the American Ceramics Society as an inert material classified as a ceramic. We aren't talking about coffee cups... :poop

As for ghosting, a skilled installer can install ceramic window film on many types of vehicles without ghosting. Maybe you need to practice more? :thumb

As for reception issues... What you refer too is the conductivity of the material. Conductivity is not indicative of whether a given material is classified as a ceramic or not. RF issues are rare, we install a lot of this stuff. But hey, don't trust me... I'm just a :thumb: Ask Art of Tint, he is well-respected on this board... installs his fair share of ceramic on very high profile client's cars. If it were a problem, he'd be the first to complain.

Guest maddtinter

Can you shrink all curved glass without ghosting or many types?And TiN is Ti(metal) and N(nitrogen).Why ask some other tinter something I know firsthand.Besides what is a high profile client,is that their face is on Fortune 500 or they driver a Porsche Carrera Gt.By the way I did tint Carrera Gt.

Guest vclimber
Can you shrink all curved glass without ghosting or many types?And TiN is Ti(metal) and N(nitrogen).Why ask some other tinter something I know firsthand.Besides what is a high profile client,is that their face is on Fortune 500 or they driver a Porsche Carrera Gt.By the way I did tint Carrera Gt.

Dude you need to talk to a chemist first then consult some experienced tinters. When both elements are combined you get a different material. The atomic structure that results is inert and that is classified as ceramic. The ceramic films outperform other automotive films in heat rejection. Yes we can shrink curved glass without ghosting, it is a different method. Why don't you look up Art's posts before you make yourself look foolish...

Guest maddtinter

Then when you istall Hupers film on the rear window of a Chrysler #00 the AM radio is not affected.And you the experienced tinter can tell me that if Titanium is not present in TiN.DUDE you are so wrong.You still didn't answer the question correctly.Can you shrink ALL curved glass without GHOSTING or not?Then you believe what others say without firsthand experience?What is said is said,what is done is what is known.If you have not done then how would you know?

Guest vclimber
Then when you istall Hupers film on the rear window of a Chrysler #00 the AM radio is not affected.And you the experienced tinter can tell me that if Titanium is not present in TiN.DUDE you are so wrong.You still didn't answer the question correctly.Can you shrink ALL curved glass without GHOSTING or not?Then you believe what others say without firsthand experience?What is said is said,what is done is what is known.If you have not done then how would you know?

I'm not going to argue with you about something that is published, TiN is defined as ceramic. Sue Huper if you still think it is not. I do not install autos anymore, we have employees that do that... not my responsibility. I've been selling the film for about 7yrs or better and a lot of cars can be done without ghosting but not all cars. We have very few RF issues and the ones that we have experienced have been fixed without having to move to a different film. That is what I know... well some of what I know. :rollin

Guest maddtinter

Thank you for agreeing that it cannot be installed without ghosting.Also I will agree that Huper is the best flat glass film for its performance .For the best look on a car I will disagree.So you suggest to split the film on a antenna wire which will in time shrink allowing light to pass thru?I can only hope for your sake that your auto Huper installers they do not get stuck with r/r with Hupers adhesive.

Guest vclimber
Thank you for agreeing that it cannot be installed without ghosting.Also I will agree that Huper is the best flat glass film for its performance .For the best look on a car I will disagree.So you suggest to split the film on a antenna wire which will in time shrink allowing light to pass thru?I can only hope for your sake that your auto Huper installers they do not get stuck with r/r with Hupers adhesive.

I said "a lot of cars can be done without ghosting" I never insinuated that Huper looks best on all cars... I will say that it has some of the best optics out there or let me rephrase that... customers choose it over other films because of the optics. Not all cars ghost... I suppose that if we tried to do a Vette, there may be ghosting. 7 yrs of applying ceramic on autos and we're fine and profitable, thanks for your concern. We have our methods to deal with heat forming and RF issues although as I said before we rarely have a problem with either.

dang madtinter, who the freak are you and just who do you think you are? Vclimber is one of the more knowledgeable ones on this site and you are making an a$$ out of yourself by posting all this.

You have begun a p1ss1ng match that you will NOT win! :rollin

Archived