2004 Cavalier

Guest ogslamin

Guest ogslamin

on the 04 models they moved the third brak light back to the rear glass to make it easier you will have to move the rear decking,speakers, and seat belt latches its fairly easy to do. the tint itself I tried the wet method but didnt work so I did it with the fabric softener. you will have to start in an "H" pattern so you wont get lines near the defroster contacts. All the windows will have to be shrunk a little to make installation easier. Just take your time it'll come out great

:thumb

Guest 515tinter
on the 04 models they moved the third brak light back to the rear glass to make it easier you will have to move the rear decking,speakers, and seat belt latches its fairly easy to do. the tint itself I tried the wet method but didnt work so I did it with the fabric softener. you will have to start in an "H" pattern so you wont get lines near the defroster contacts. All the windows will have to be shrunk a little to make installation easier. Just take your time it'll come out great

:boogie

So ur sayin to dry shrink this? I'm suprised I havnt had a cavalier/sunfire come in they're so common. Probably gonna use the mdawg soap shrink on this one...correct?

:thumb

So ur sayin to dry shrink this? I'm suprised I havnt had a cavalier/sunfire come in they're so common. Probably gonna use the mdawg soap shrink on this one...correct?

I think they have had 6 years to ponder the idea.. :boogie

Guest 515tinter

:boogie

I think they have had 6 years to ponder the idea.. :thumb

Haha I didn't even notice how old this thread was! Ok sooo...dry shrink or wet shrink?

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent
I did one of these today... I really really hope that I dont have to do them anymore. Theyre never ever clean... ever. They always have some rotted on stickers. Id rather not do them at all.

I agree, even if I pull the speaker panel out. The defroster connectors suck to cut around too. and dirt always flushes in it seems like. I do glue the dots on those.

Archived