New respect for car tinters

Always been a FG guy... watched my friend tint cars plenty-o-times and I've always been impressed with the skill involved in tinting cars. Yesturday he calls me up to see if I would be willing to be his helper for the day, and since I had nothing going on I said sure why not. (next time I'll let the call go to vm first lol) Did a couple of R&R... couple full tints, answered the phone, etc. I've hung out with him at his shop before, but never for the whole day.... let alone helping.

We did a R&R on a vett... which was a boat load of fun. And I thought doing R&R on flat glass was fun!! I can't imagine working in the back of cars day in and day out.. too tight of a space. much easier to prerp the side windows... but even that...

And that's without even touching film. (Except for removal)

So props to everyone out there... :yoda if nothing else, you'll never have to worry about competition from me. :olfa

Guest Total tint
Always been a FG guy... watched my friend tint cars plenty-o-times and I've always been impressed with the skill involved in tinting cars. Yesturday he calls me up to see if I would be willing to be his helper for the day, and since I had nothing going on I said sure why not. (next time I'll let the call go to vm first lol) Did a couple of R&R... couple full tints, answered the phone, etc. I've hung out with him at his shop before, but never for the whole day.... let alone helping.

We did a R&R on a vett... which was a boat load of fun. And I thought doing R&R on flat glass was fun!! I can't imagine working in the back of cars day in and day out.. too tight of a space. much easier to prerp the side windows... but even that...

And that's without even touching film. (Except for removal)

So props to everyone out there... :olfa if nothing else, you'll never have to worry about competition from me. :cry

:yoda

I like being on the auto side. Did my cabin bedroom and these locks PITA! Do you FG guys cut around them or remove? I removed but took too long so I wasn't productive
Definately remove the locks, with a drill, just be extra careful that you don't mar(sp?) the film when reinstalling them. :rollin

If you dont remove, just slide the factory edge behind the lock. Only if there is room to bump your hard card behind it though.

If you remove make sure you tape over the holes so water doesnt get in there causing you to strip the threads on wood frames when reinstalling. It is usually better to remove so you can get that area clean since it is usually the dirtiest part of the glass.

Archived