'87 deville

vanja

I'm going to tint one in a few days, and since we don't usualy have them here, I don't know what to expect.

I've seen photos on the web, but is there a 3rd brake light or something I sould take extra care about,

or is it just the regular tint it and don't worry about it car?

there is a 3rd brake light but it just unscrews and pulls out. other than that it's your basic shiatbox. :beer the gaskets can be removed but if I remember right you have to remove a bunch of 1/4 screws that hold a metal framing down infront the gasket.

I believe you have to take out the "top" of the seat first, there is a phillips head on both sides holding on the seat belt "cover", behind that is a 10 mm, after that the top peice comes off, then I think the deck pulls fairly easily, might be a couple more 10 mm's holding the light down.......

Guest maddtinter

The front doors can be pain.The botttom towards the front comes to point.It is much easier to do with the panel off.As Blade mentioned,GET THAT BOTTOM GAKET OUT.There are alot of alot of screws on the panels.Pay attention to removing the window switch/power seat control plates on the 2 front doors.They can be damaged easily.

I'm pretty sure I've always been able to get those gaskets out by just prying the top of the panel back without having to remove the whole panel. and I'm not sure what tintinater's talking about but the 3rd light just sits on the rear deck and is screwed to 2 brackets. it comes right out without removing the deck or the seat or the seatbelt. :beer

I'm pretty sure I've always been able to get those gaskets out by just prying the top of the panel back without having to remove the whole panel. and I'm not sure what tintinater's talking about but the 3rd light just sits on the rear deck and is screwed to 2 brackets. it comes right out without removing the deck or the seat or the seatbelt. :bingo

this one?

87deville.jpg

I thought it had a little storage compartment in front of the light that had to be removed....I could be wrong though

Archived