snapping a rear glass off the car

you could shrink it with a torch while playing "ring of fire"

I'm just sayin'...

to funny....never like using torches deffinately not for me....I personaly see this going some where for me...thanks for taking your time to watch it though....

whats ring of fire anyways?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just sayin'...

to funny....never like using torches deffinately not for me....I personaly see this going some where for me...thanks for taking your time to watch it though....

it's phucking johnny cash. c'mon man!

do you have a plotter tts? if you dont its not realy worth explaining...you have already said it not a good idea so you should move on...this will save time for me when yea I dont have alot of time to remove from the wall lay it down and putt heat it on the glass...I skipped that whole process, so yes its saves time that way.

I CAN ALSO SAY "I NEVER TOUCH THE OUTSIDE OF THE CAR..." :cool I beleive that there is alot more cars out there that can be done this way...IM NOT SAYING TRY IT! I am trying it and doing it.

great risk :lol there is risks every where you go...but all the great men out there made it to be great by taking risks!

That's fair..... So I guess going through my mind is.... ' Is attempting to snap a back glass worth the risk of over/under shrinking plus the extra time required if I happen to get a bad pattern' (which you won't know until you install the film)

still soundsl like a lot of risk for very, very little reward... but if you are bound and determined to be know as the 'back glass snapping guy' more power to ya! :cool

do you have a plotter tts? if you dont its not realy worth explaining...you have already said it not a good idea so you should move on...this will save time for me when yea I dont have alot of time to remove from the wall lay it down and putt heat it on the glass...I skipped that whole process, so yes its saves time that way.

I CAN ALSO SAY "I NEVER TOUCH THE OUTSIDE OF THE CAR..." :cool I beleive that there is alot more cars out there that can be done this way...IM NOT SAYING TRY IT! I am trying it and doing it.

great risk :lol there is risks every where you go...but all the great men out there made it to be great by taking risks!

That's fair..... So I guess going through my mind is.... ' Is attempting to snap a back glass worth the risk of over/under shrinking plus the extra time required if I happen to get a bad pattern' (which you won't know until you install the film)

still soundsl like a lot of risk for very, very little reward... but if you are bound and determined to be know as the 'back glass snapping guy' more power to ya! :cool

thanks tts not sure if your use snapping at all? if you do you will notice that there isnt a fine line for the over/under...but best to over than under I can only imagine.

thanks for the new tagg...lol

I'm just sayin'...

it's phucking johnny cash. c'mon man!

I got it now thought you meant a video game or something.....got that song on the ipod.....

done a 2010 ford fusion just now, so that makes two rear glasses done with this technique for me

1. chevy malibu

2. ford fusion

I will say you guys out there that use alot of film on/baby shampoo, it would be harder I think if it cant tack up right away....of course some film is tacker than others straight out the box..

Guest thatsnappyguy

I have an question, well maybe not a question..just a fact really.

some ppl out there, know that the camaro / firebird back glass in certain years are able to be laid without heat. just a matter of basically stretching out the film in a certain manner when on the glass to where it can lay down. it has alot of tension on the film while doing this which is proven when sometimes the films keeps rolling back when you try to push it down.....ok heres the deal. I know a few guys around here that do that with that car, including myself until I realized this. the film has tension on it during the installation. tension on film doesnt just go away. over time the adhesive looses its strength and the tension takes over and bascially pulls the film off the glass whenever the tension was, which in the camaro case the film was tensed in a very big portion on the middle of the glass...creating a GIANT single bubble in the center of the glass. I know this because I see the camaros riding around here and alot of them that have tint, are just like that how I explained. the tension has to be the reason for this. it the film would like normally be shrank evenlly across the glass with no tension, it wouldnt be letting go from the glass like that.

so I say to this...overshrinking the back glass, puts tension on the film and thats a fact. the back glass recieves more heat than the other windows which makes it easier to loose adhesive strength faster...like always...but with tension, and loose of adhesive strength combined, it is an ingredient for disaster.

Archived