snapping a rear glass off the car

I think the overshrunk tint will have a tendency to pull away from the bottom corners/edges during the application and further suck in contamination. Unless you make a quick solid swipe to the edge, but why make it a struggle.

I generally dont like to shrink anything on the bottom, I push the slack to the top if I have to shrink it and pull up on the over cut part.Then trim. That way the bottom edge is not distorted and installs cleaner and far less likely to peel down the line. I just dont want to be misleading to newbies. I certainly had more installation struggle with the bottom edge shrunk.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Without the windows being precleaned or the tint precut, that trailblazer could have been done without any shrinking by one person just as fast if not quicker.

Whos on a higher level anyway? Try doing it outside, no peeler, no shrinking, no precut, no helper, in the wind, in 10 min.

:twocents ..... :dunno

I think the overshrunk tint will have a tendency to pull away from the bottom corners/edges during the application and further suck in contamination. Unless you make a quick solid swipe to the edge, but why make it a struggle.

I generally dont like to shrink anything on the bottom, I push the slack to the top if I have to shrink it and pull up on the over cut part.Then trim. That way the bottom edge is not distorted and installs cleaner and far less likely to peel down the line. I just dont want to be misleading to newbies. I certainly had more installation struggle with the bottom edge shrunk.

overshrunk yes it will but never do I take it that far nor have I ever "EVER" have one peel up

Guest tintgod
gotta love you shade tree tinters...lmao

don't break your arm patting yourself on the back jackass. you're not the kingshiat of tinting. :dunno

some tinter's are legends in their own minds... :twocents

how do you know if its been shrunk enough or not enough? do you ever check it?

its all done by eye...ive gooten use to being able to look at the glass to see the curve.....been doing this ever since I start as a ComputerCut dealer, so 9 years and 15 years in the glass bussiness...same as tinting.

the point is to just go over the curve a little bit.....not melting or overshinking drasticly

gotta love you shade tree tinters...lmao

don't break your arm patting yourself on the back jackass. you're not the kingshiat of tinting. :twocents

some tinter's are legends in their own minds... :dunno

yea the ribbons make you that way after awhile... :blink

Archived