My fellow mmm haters

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest absolutetinting
sorry for acting like a new guy but>>>> whats wrong with 3m tint?? :hmmm

nothing and everything it depend how you view things.

and rdymn if your competing against them it would matter. when your clients pays up to $---/sqft. they want the better film, unless they just want the name.

I personally don't like installing any Ag film for corrosion. but you have to do what the clients ask you you lose. :dunno

Guest Texstar
officepics-8.jpg

officepics001-7.jpg

Everything I see from here and on other sites is from 2006 so I found this it is from 2008.it looks better than the others about specs.

Mike IM guessing you pulled these from old drawers there at the 3M headquarters. Are you still repping for 3M? Would I know you from my old days when I worked for the 3M distributor in Dallas?

I agree and respect all what you have said.

bottom-line is that you're in business to make money, and hopefully provide more then adequate installation and service.

I was a good listener to my clients and were more then satisfied from what was expected. Client who wanted a certain brand or film(vkool,prestige,HO,mmmor what ever)are elitiest, the more something is the better. if they wanted mmm, I gave it. they were willing to pay more /sqft. for the same job because of name or price or so and so has this, why stop them.

I understand what you're saying and you guys are correct. but how money do you think your losing by not having it available, I'm not say pushing to all you customer, but just having it there. you'll never know. I had all brands avialable, I purchased from cp,maddy,solgrd,mmm,vk,ho,johnson and suntek.

I took advantage of what manus have. each manu has good and bad film. I think mmm make great marketing material, do I think their films were the best? no.

click on this. http://www.3m.com/us/arch_construct/scpd/p...5&WT.srch=1

I don't think is acurate, but it is nice something the home owner can use.

:hmmm

It's not even close. There are too many variables involved. Just another smoke and mirrors trick to fool the gemeral public.

how can it be smoke and mirrors is this is right below it...

Potential savings values are approximate and provided for general reference purposes only. Regional temperatures‚ energy costs‚ and emissions based on national averages published by the US Department of Energy and the US Environmental Protection Agency. Actual energy savings will vary depending on the HVAC system‚ average indoor/outdoor temperature‚ length of cooling season‚ geography‚ actual energy costs‚ and other factors. Data shown represents center of glass values in accordance to NFRC 100/200‚ and is measured on NFRC required glass types‚ actual performance will vary with specific glass type. Emission savings estimates are based on average CO2 emissions from electric power generation per region in the United States as determined by the United States Environmental Protection Agency as of July 2000. These savings estimates account for emission reductions resulting from potential decreased electricity usage for home cooling only; they do not account for CO2 emissions that may result from manufacturing processes.

I don't see that they are hiding the fact that this is approx. and the user of the tool has to be smart enough to now that...come on now.

Think about this....why put that there? It is not accurate whatsoever and they know it and put that there. So, they are a proponent of pushing false information. If you wish, not smoke and mirrors, but giving the general public a false sense that the product may do something it really may not. Put simply, if you know it cannot be an accurate result and it shows such a high savings (they are using results on the highest end of the range) why would it be there, other than to mislead the consumer???

We can argue semantics all day long, but if other manufacturers did this, all 3m dealers AND others would be railing them also. :dunno

Guest fredstinting

I used 3m film back in 99-2000 alot of security film s35 or s50 4 mil and 8 mil window film it sucked ass cause alot of the rolls of film had what 3m call bullets in the film. as costly as 3m is it not worth the hassel

what 3m called a bullet was it looked like a air bubble in the film but was hard to the touch and you didn't know when use the security film it was going to pop up and how many was going to be in the roll they had thousand of rolls that had this they told me here in florida warehouse it was manufacturing problem

I had many many many feet of film replaced by 3m

officepics-8.jpg

officepics001-7.jpg

Everything I see from here and on other sites is from 2006 so I found this it is from 2008.it looks better than the others about specs.

Mike IM guessing you pulled these from old drawers there at the 3M headquarters. Are you still repping for 3M? Would I know you from my old days when I worked for the 3M distributor in Dallas?

To answer your questions that would be a NO and a NO and a NO. It is that I just got inspired as I read the SELF PROMOTION that V4V posted in post #210 and I must say my finger got very tiered scrolling down and down. That thing is like a small novel. So I am researching all that I can regarding anything pertaining to window film. And I seen a few things posted here so I did some checking found a few things and I posted them.thats all and I am not on here to support any one film manufacturer in particular as I stated early on in this thread that I apply all types of films.

Archived