My fellow mmm haters

I always find it interesting that one very important spec. is always missing on those pages... Solar ABSORBTION! :dunno

Go ahead and try to find it... :beer

The specs are from the front and back of a film sample card. Do you need the solar absorption % for this film?That is a good question as most others have it posted I wonder why they don’t.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a hard time believing this thread is still alive & basically saying the same thing as the first 2 pages... So MMM isn't the best film on the market...SO WHAT!!!

It has name recognition & most homeowners are more comfortable w/ this film being used on their home & most are willing to pay a little extra to get it. MMM uses this same approach to dealers, it's called "Business 101". As a business owner I actually try to turn as large of a profit as I actually can. If I go against 3 other tint shops on an estimate & we all use the same film, guess what? The homeowner goes w/ the cheapest!

However, if we all match in personality & reputation then it would be nice to have something in your arsenal to put you ahead of the pack. It's called "Business 101" guys...

I have a hard time believing this thread is still alive & basically saying the same thing as the first 2 pages... So MMM isn't the best film on the market...SO WHAT!!!

It has name recognition & most homeowners are more comfortable w/ this film being used on their home & most are willing to pay a little extra to get it. MMM uses this same approach to dealers, it's called "Business 101". As a business owner I actually try to turn as large of a profit as I actually can. If I go against 3 other tint shops on an estimate & we all use the same film, guess what? The homeowner goes w/ the cheapest!

However, if we all match in personality & reputation then it would be nice to have something in your arsenal to put you ahead of the pack. It's called "Business 101" guys...

Most homeowners? Rarely do I come across a customers who asks for MMM. I dont carry it b/c I dont trust the longevity. I want happy customers for years to come, thats my "business 101".

Hey Custom, dryshrinker is a good guy, a real pro who represents ethically. He's also the only 3M dealer to stay in the conversation whereas the others just strafe and run.

I brought the adhesive claim up because it landed in my email box. There are tons of statements out there to that effect and they are not accurate. UV absorbers placed in the adhesive are very unstable and lose their effectiveness faster than UV absorbers that are embedded in the PET. Another source told me that in the case of Prestige there is an extra PET layer between the adhesive and the multi-stack layer. This is most likely there to protect the multi-stack layers from the alcohol and other nasties in the adhesive layer because they would otherwise destroy the micro-layers if the protective PET layer was not there.

:thumb Good DD sunlimitedCT! :beer

I will give some props to DRYSHRINKER as well, It appears he has been a good sport, and hung in there solo when all other mmm ers have fled to the lifeboats. One in particular has been conspicuously absent from this whole thread, I know he has been eavesdropping but no comment as of yet.

If you are referring to me I have been busy and do not get on this site. Took a lng weekend. It is a holiday ya know.

officepics-8.jpg

officepics001-7.jpg

Everything I see from here and on other sites is from 2006 so I found this it is from 2008.it looks better than the others about specs.

look@ luminous efficacy(spectra select)

vk70 and vs70 are 1.4. again, better then presitge.

Not for sure but from my memory I believe Vista specs are rated with 1/8" glass and 3M's are 1/4" so that will change the performance.

Most homeowners? Rarely do I come across a customers who asks for MMM. I dont carry it b/c I dont trust the longevity. I want happy customers for years to come, thats my "business 101".

If you have a lifetime warranty why are you worried about longevity. I have seen plenty of the favorites on here fail.

lets just say that the huge 3M logo on my ads get them to ask about it

I can agree with that

If you have a lifetime warranty why are you worried about longevity. I have seen plenty of the favorites on here fail.

Do you still make the same on warranty work than you would selling it for the first time? Thats why. Doing warranty work is very time consuming. Id rather use a film I know will last 16-20 years instead of a film I feel will only last half that, and from a mfg that mainly deals with making and developing window films. This is just my take on it.

who really cares what the manufacture gives as a warranty? It is worth about as much as the paper it is printed on. Yeah, if they approve the warranty work you will make something, but that consumer and anyone they talk to now has a lower opinion of window film as the film they have has failed.....

I am on the "kill the lifetime warranty" train though so....

Archived