My fellow mmm haters

I agree and respect all what you have said.

bottom-line is that you're in business to make money, and hopefully provide more then adequate installation and service.

I was a good listener to my clients and were more then satisfied from what was expected. Client who wanted a certain brand or film(vkool,prestige,HO,mmmor what ever)are elitiest, the more something is the better. if they wanted mmm, I gave it. they were willing to pay more /sqft. for the same job because of name or price or so and so has this, why stop them.

I understand what you're saying and you guys are correct. but how money do you think your losing by not having it available, I'm not say pushing to all you customer, but just having it there. you'll never know. I had all brands avialable, I purchased from cp,maddy,solgrd,mmm,vk,ho,johnson and suntek.

I took advantage of what manus have. each manu has good and bad film. I think mmm make great marketing material, do I think their films were the best? no.

click on this. http://www.3m.com/us/arch_construct/scpd/p...5&WT.srch=1

I don't think is acurate, but it is nice something the home owner can use.

:lol

couldnt agree more. its hard to try and talk somebody into a different product than what they already have in mind, or what they have had good experiences with in the past. if somebody asks me for 3M I say yes I have it. if somebody asks me for huper I say "I dont carry that brand. what got you interested into huper?" and try to close the sale. but if I sold huper that would be it closed deal.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sunlimited
I agree and respect all what you have said.

bottom-line is that you're in business to make money, and hopefully provide more then adequate installation and service.

I was a good listener to my clients and were more then satisfied from what was expected. Client who wanted a certain brand or film(vkool,prestige,HO,mmmor what ever)are elitiest, the more something is the better. if they wanted mmm, I gave it. they were willing to pay more /sqft. for the same job because of name or price or so and so has this, why stop them.

I understand what you're saying and you guys are correct. but how money do you think your losing by not having it available, I'm not say pushing to all you customer, but just having it there. you'll never know. I had all brands avialable, I purchased from cp,maddy,solgrd,mmm,vk,ho,johnson and suntek.

I took advantage of what manus have. each manu has good and bad film. I think mmm make great marketing material, do I think their films were the best? no.

click on this. http://www.3m.com/us/arch_construct/scpd/p...5&WT.srch=1

I don't think is acurate, but it is nice something the home owner can use.

:lol

It's not even close. There are too many variables involved. Just another smoke and mirrors trick to fool the gemeral public.

Absolutely, first and foremost would be exposure...

Guest absolutetinting

again, we all know it's not accurate it and we know they don't have the best film, but come-on, no other film manu. is more recognized then mmm. their marketing is real nice and make it easier to sell big $$$$. all this means is more money for you. does it not?

I like to hang other films because I know it looks and performs better, but when the opportunity is there, I'm taking it.

I want all of you to be prosperous(tinter and tint shop owners), take what you can get and use what manus. have to offer. being naive and ignorant could only slow you down.

no matter what we say on here, there are consumer willing to pay more for the name.

if someone want vk70 or vs70 or presitge or mmm give them what they want. thats $more /sqft. than what you would have received for the same work.

you can still hate mmm, just make money off them. :dunno

again, we all know it's not accurate it and we know they don't have the best film, but come-on, no other film manu. is more recognized then mmm. their marketing is real nice and make it easier to sell big $$$$. all this means is more money for you. does it not?

if someone want vk70 or vs70 or presitge or mmm give them what they want. thats $more /sqft. than what you would have received for the same work.

you can still hate mmm, just make money off them. :lol2

It's a shame MMM must not stress that marketing strategy... people paying more $$$ for MMM. At least not in my area since shops, not all but some, charge less then what I am for the films I carry.

I wish they would charge more... it'd be easier for me to bump my prices up a bit...

-R

If what that states is true, I can rebut the claim with to any potential customer using the adhesive failure to my advantage....The construction of uv inhibitors in polymers is made up of some organic and non organic compounds when broken down result in different common chemicals..One of these non organic, is alkylene oxide, which is produced with a hydroxyl based compound, saturated in monohydric alcohol...Will any of you gents go out on a limb and reccomend using alcohol, lets say to apply film...I'm going to guess "no", so why would one recommend using a product "saturated" in alcohol, in an adhesive....All that pops into my head would be adhesive failure, and we all know what that looks like.. :nope

http://www.wikipatents.com/3666713.html-3

This link will explain the uv inhibitors used in polymers..

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/7402644/claims.html

Link 2 will take 1 chemical copmposition from Link 1, and break down components...

ULTRAVIOLET LIGHT INHIBITORS

United States Patent 3666713

Title:

Abstract:

Ultraviolet light absorbers with extremely low volatility are prepared by reacting 2,4-dihydroxybenzophenone and organic dihalides or diepoxides. The resultant compounds have the general formula ##SPC1## Where R is a divalent organic radical. These compounds may be used as carriers for dye, permitting the internal coloring of polyester films and fibers.

BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION

Such polymeric materials as plastics, rubbers, coatings, colorants, and particularly thermoplastic polymers, are photochemically degraded by exposure to terrestrial sunlight, fluorescent lights, and other sources of ultraviolet (UV) radiation, especially in the 300-370 nanometer wavelength. Accordingly, it has long been common practice to blend into thermoplastic polymers minor amounts of such UV inhibitors as o-hydroxybenzophenones, 2-(2'hydroxyphenyl) benzotriazoles, substituted acrylonitrile and salicylates. Such inhibitors are believed to function by absorbing a high percentage of the damaging radiation and converting the absorbed energy to heat, or some other harmless wavelength.

Although the o-hydroxybenzophenones and their derivatives impart little or no color and are considered effective in counteracting the effect of UV radiation in the 290--380 nm range, their utility has heretofore been limited. For example, the comparatively high temperature employed in processing polyester film and fibers tends to "smoke out" (I.e., volatilize) any UV inhibitor included in the polymer. The volatilized inhibitor not only is wasted, but also is unpleasant for workers in the vicinity and tends to both corrode and contaminate the processing equipment. To minimize this problem, benzophenone inhibitors are often incorporated in a composition which has a lower melting point than polyester and coated on the surface of oriented film, even though this technique greatly reduces the chelating antioxidant effect of the inhibitor. Even when it is applied in this way, the inhibitor tends to evaporate or sublime when exposed to elevated temperature and/or reduced pressure, e.g., when incorporated in or on plastic equipment used in space vehicles, satellites, etc. Further, it is difficult to adhere such coatings adequately, especially when the coated film is subjected to rough handling. Coating techniques are generally unsuited for work with fibers.

SUMMARY

The present invention provides novel UV stabilizers which have all the advantages of benzophenone compounds without the disadvantages discussed above. Compounds made in accordance with this invention have extremely low volatility, thereby facilitating their use in commercial equipment, where "smoking out" is effectively eliminated, even at comparatively high temperatures and/or low pressures. Compounds of this invention can be tailored to specific situations required; e.g., the melting point can be adjusted to virtually any desired range.

The foregoing advantages are achieved with compounds of the formula ##SPC2##

:lol2 nice try this is not for window film.

Manufacturer: 3M

Film Series/Model Number

CPD Number

Film Tint

Film Location

Ultra Neutral S50 Interior Film Attachment MMM-M-001

CL Interior

Ultra Neutral S35 Interior Film Attachment MMM-M-002

CL Interior

Neutral 70 Interior Film Attachment MMM-M-003

CL Interior

Neutral 50 Interior Film Attachment MMM-M-004

CL Interior

Neutral 35 Interior Film Attachment MMM-M-005

CL Interior

Nickel 50 Interior Film Attachment MMM-M-006

CL Interior

Ultra Silver S20 Interior Film Attachment MMM-M-007

CL Interior

Silver 35 Interior Film Attachment MMM-M-008

CL Interior

Silver P-18 Interior Film Attachment MMM-M-009

CL Interior

Amber 35 LowE Interior Film Attachment MMM-M-010

CL Interior

Ultra PR-S70 Interior Film Attachment MMM-M-011

CL Interior

Amber 35 Interior Film Attachment MMM-M-012

CL Interior

Ultra PR-S50 Interior Film Attachment MMM-M-013

CL Interior

PR-70 Interior Fim Attachment MMM-M-014

CL Interior

PR-60 Interior Film Attachement MMM-M-015

CL Interior

1 2

Manufacturer: 3M

Film Series/Model Number

CPD Number

Film Tint

Film Location

PR-50 Interior Film Attachment MMM-M-016

CL Interior

PR-40 Interior Film Attachment MMM-M-017

CL Interior

Neutral 20 Interior Film Attachment MMM-M-018

CL Interior

NV-35 Interior Film Attachement MMM-M-019

CL Interior

NV-25 Interior Film Attachement MMM-M-020

CL Interior

NV-15 Interior Film Attachement MMM-M-021

CL Interior

November 14, 2008 07:00 AM

ST. PAUL, Minn 3M announced today that the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) has certified a range of the company's window films. These films include 3M's metal-free Prestige Series, which blocks 66% of the sun's heat streaming through windows and 99.9 percent of the ultraviolet rays. NFRC certification affirms 3M's films meet rigid energy performance factors for windows and doors and for attachment systems. Information about NFRC's labeling program can be found at http://www.nfrc.org/

"Affirmation of the quality of 3M Window Films is one of the things customers seek at a time when ways to increase commercial and residential energy savings are top of mind for consumers," said Michael Hassenauer, 3M Window Film.

(Looks like the film on this list is certified by the NFRC )

Guest absolutetinting
So I take you guys must lose a lot of bids to 3M dealers?

I was an authorized mmm dealer and authorized with the other mannys.. I use to get most of my bids. film wasn't an issue, the amount of money I wanted make was. I use to look at the clients home, their decor, the area they lived at and could base what they can afford. presented them film that exceeded their criteria at an acceptable price. if a client wanted mmm I knew I'd make double, if they wanted prestige, vs70 or vk70 I'd make triple.

I know mmm didn't make the best film nor the best anything, but I don't see why not use them for what they have to offer. :hmmm

Guest absolutetinting
officepics-8.jpg

officepics001-7.jpg

Everything I see from here and on other sites is from 2006 so I found this it is from 2008.it looks better than the others about specs.

look@ luminous efficacy(spectra select)

vk70 and vs70 are 1.4. again, better then presitge.

Archived