Smoking ban?

OK so I'm a non smoker , always have been , however I couldn't believe when I had our new on today and tey are talking about banning smoking if you live in an apartment or townhouse/ condo. Doesn't matter if you own it or not..if it's joined, then it's a potential toxic envirnment for neibours.

This will start at a municipal level , however they predict it will someday become provincial.

No one will have rights someday.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm torn on this issue... I do not smoke. Never had.. .never will.

The first time I moved out of my parents house it was into a condo.. and the people next to me smoked, and it would actually come thru the walls. I hated it... The next couple places I lived either didn't have smokers or it wasn't an issue. My current apt the woman next to me smokes probably 20 packs a day and my apt and everything in it - closes... furniture, etc. all now have a smoke smell to them. When I first moved in I thought it was cause the apt. was closed up for several months... turns out I was wrong and it's just always like it. Spring/summer wasn't too bad when I'd have the windows open, but now that it's getting colder it's going to start up again. (She also smokes pot which seeps over as well... but that's another story)

I'll be moving shortly... lease is up in a month or so... my next place I'll choose a little more wisely.

That being said... I'm in favor of a ban... but I'm not in favor of yet more freedoms being taken away. Over the past dozen or less years we've given up so many freedoms its sick... and it's just going to continue...

Guest tintguy31707

when the pasted the laws for no smoking in restaurants clubs pool halls and %&$# like that around here I thought it was the dumbest thing... I don't smoke... and I don't like smoke, but I'll be damned if a bar is a bar without some clown smoking in there... LET EM SMOKE!

bars and restaurants here will be smoke free at the beginning of january and I'm glad. I think its rude for people to force that crap into my lungs.

I agree with that 100%... Whenever I'd go out with my friends I'd always come home smelling like smoke cause of everyone else in the bar. (or when we'd play pool) Now I can enjoy myself w/o any of that crap.

when the pasted the laws for no smoking in restaurants clubs pool halls and %&$# like that around here I thought it was the dumbest thing... I don't smoke... and I don't like smoke, but I'll be damned if a bar is a bar without some clown smoking in there... LET EM SMOKE!
bars and restaurants here will be smoke free at the beginning of january and I'm glad. I think its rude for people to force that crap into my lungs.

This is completly different..that's about the rights of smokers sharing public air..this is about space rented or owned by the smoker

Believe it or not, a recent study shows that since the passing of the smoking bans took effect, all second hand smoke related deaths/disease have decreased by 30%. That means for us non smokers, our lives are being extended. I say keep the smoke to yourself, I don't want to even inhale it when I walk outside of a building where all the smokers are huddled together making me walk thru them to get where I am going.

Archived