Jetta

Guest datdude

Guest datdude

Need some assistance guys. Got a customer that is not happy with the little quarter windows on his car. There is no way to hide any gaps on the windows. Looking for someone to be able to cut them on their computer cut equipment to tighten up the gap. If someone can help me out please let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Need some assistance guys. Got a customer that is not happy with the little quarter windows on his car. There is no way to hide any gaps on the windows. Looking for someone to be able to cut them on their computer cut equipment to tighten up the gap. If someone can help me out please let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

use a liner to cut your pattern, then trace it to the film. Its a lot more flexible and easier to get a tight edge.

I don't do a lot of jettas, but can't you either A. trim the rubber or 2. heat up the plastic and trim it?

Guest Sunlimited

You can cut them a little large, then re trim on the inside. Or some people trim away a small bit of the inner gasket to fit a bit more of the film inside....

If you trim up on these bad boys, ur a braver man then me.. The Black edging is very very week, and u risk scoring through.. :dunno:crazy ....

Just remove the whole 1/4 light, and remove the whole gasket...

If the jobs worth doing, its worth doing right

Guest scottydosnntkno
Actaually those quarters aren't that hard. Cut a HAIR bigger on the curved side, and even on the bottom and front leading edge. If Your cuts are true, and not all Ziggy You should be golden. :rollin

:lol6 even if there is a VERY slight gap, as long as its even the customers understand :rollin

If you trim up on these bad boys, ur a braver man then me.. The Black edging is very very week, and u risk scoring through.. :rollin:rollin ....

Just remove the whole 1/4 light, and remove the whole gasket...

If the jobs worth doing, its worth doing right

Wise words and a pro attitude ,nice one

Actaually those quarters aren't that hard. Cut a HAIR bigger on the curved side, and even on the bottom and front leading edge. If Your cuts are true, and not all Ziggy You should be golden. :rollin

:lol6 even if there is a VERY slight gap, as long as its even the customers understand :rollin

You could also ask them to understand you having your horse in the workshop :lol6

:rollin even if there is a VERY slight gap, as long as its even the customers understand :lol6

You could also ask them to understand you having your horse in the workshop :spit

Hey....don't add Me into that quote....I didn't say nothing about leaving any gap.... :lol6

:spit

Archived