Oklahoma Tint Law

DGr33n

Yes I did a search on this already and it came up with 2 posts that did not answer my question. Does anyone know the laws regarding tint in Oklahoma? Seems like everyone where I live has 5% and I have seen some 2% and I have seen some people get tickets or warnings but thats 1/500. I'm not exaggerating when I say of all the cars tinted where I live about 50-75% are done in 5%. Seems like everyone has "murdered out" windows. I'm beginning to wonder if its illegal here or if the cops are just concerned with more problems. Thanks

• Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.

• Front Side Windows Must allow more than 25% of light in.

• Back Side Windows Must allow more than 25% of light in.

• Rear Window Must allow more than 25% of light in.

tint laws

• Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.

tint laws

Ok so basically 35% should be used on all windows for it to be legal?

tint laws

Ok so basically 35% should be used on all windows for it to be legal?

Yes. But lack of a state inspection there makes it easier to get away with. That won't help liability if a dark car

is in an accident though.

Most cops don't pay much attention, but of course some REALLY do.

Guest Stsdude

I'm trying to understand that most gm suburbans has 16 percent on the rear glasses of the vehicle why is that still considered legal but not in our state? The next question I have is if the guy that has a shop did my vehicle with a tint with darker tint than legally allowed and on his receipt show that he is not liable for the tint on the vehicle can I still sue him for the tint on my vehicle? I know recently my town is starting to crack down on darker tinted windows here so I'm just trying to figure it out...

if someone wrote you a recepit stating that they installed illegal tint on your window's ,but is not liable. They are a complete morron. That is proff that they installed the film liable or not.

The only run in I have ever had with an issue like this. Was at one point I had tinted the window's on an SUV 2 front doors. Legally because thats all the kids dad was going to pay for.

The bratt bitched about it, but had me tint the 2 drs. I get a call from his dad a few months down the road. He says that I was supose to have put 35% on his kids SUV.

I explain that I did, and to please run by with the SUV and I will meter it, maybe I grabbed the wrong box. :lol

When he gets to my shop, I notice right away that the window's are darker then legal. Before I even get my meter out. I see that the problem is that has kid has taken it elsewhere and had another layer of 35% added ontop of what I put on it.

The dad tells me to strip them back to clear glass. And I'm sure his son got an azz chewing when his dad came home with his untinted SUV. :nope

Guest 7m34life

Llumar's 20% allows 26% light in.

The way that most factory vehicles are tinted now the Llumar ATR 15 matches awesome. I don't see how it could be illegal if our law says 25% all around when factory is darker than that.

Archived