burned out topic

ok so this has got to be the biggest problem from me.and yes I have done searches but they always say deleted and couldnt be found.some may say contamintation but its definitly not..my windows are perfectly 100% clean.seals are clean.I do not touch the film.sprayers are trigger sprayers.I do clean the floors and I am still getting little bubbles that looks like sand.wtf is this guys.im getting so dam frusterated

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep, water could be the source. The water we have here in our town is not sufficient for window tinting just out of the water hose. I get 5 gal. bottles from a local water delivery company (Spring House Water). I consistently get very clean windows. Purified water in conjunction with my tint booth and experience make for some VERY clean tint jobs. Nobody in town can get them cleaner than I can and I attribute some of that to the type water we are using for mounting the film.

Figure out a way to filter your water and see how that works. :beer sometimes water is not as clean as you think it is.

Guest 515tinter
yep, water could be the source. The water we have here in our town is not sufficient for window tinting just out of the water hose. I get 5 gal. bottles from a local water delivery company (Spring House Water). I consistently get very clean windows. Purified water in conjunction with my tint booth and experience make for some VERY clean tint jobs. Nobody in town can get them cleaner than I can and I attribute some of that to the type water we are using for mounting the film.

Figure out a way to filter your water and see how that works. :beer sometimes water is not as clean as you think it is.

couldn't have said it better mdog

thats what I was beginning to think because for solution I use j&j but I have been using just reg faucet water.and I mean when im cleaning the windows there is not a spec of dirt on there at all.no matter how new it is I always squeege 4 times

Guest Stevieg
ok so this has got to be the biggest problem from me.and yes I have done searches but they always say deleted and couldnt be found.some may say contamintation but its definitly not..my windows are perfectly 100% clean.seals are clean.I do not touch the film.sprayers are trigger sprayers.I do clean the floors and I am still getting little bubbles that looks like sand.wtf is this guys.im getting so dam frusterated

What color squeege are you using? I work with a guy who had the same problem and it turned out it was his squeege.(black) it drove him crazy also.

Try tinting just a regular small FG window in an area that stays clean and relatively dust free and see if you are getting the dirt in there. I would use the same water/solution your currently using and if it gets dirt bubbles then its your water. If not then it is something your doing in between squeegeeing the window and stickin the film. You can squeegee a hundred times, but if your doing something to kick up dust (its there no matter how much you sweep) before you stick the film then youll never get a clean job. Narrow it down and make sure its the water before you invest in filters/purified water and such. Although its probably a good idea to use that anyway. I've run across dirty water before but its been rare, and I always know its the water because the dirt bubbles are consistent over the whole window not just a spec here and a spec there. If you have tinted atleast one window and not had contamination with your current water/solution I'd say its coming from somewhere else other than your bottle. :lol

We use to leave the bay door up while we were tinting to try and keep from burning up. Now we close the door as soon as the vehicle get pulled in and since we started doing that the quality has increased substantially. :lol

Archived