OK no beatin' around the bush

This thread is starting to make me understand why so many of the past tinters I've worked with had so many issues with the nose candy, lol. That's a lot of money around here.

so dont employe people with no teeth....... :bingo

To be honest, over the last 12 or so years, I haven't worked with someone I would employ, that is why it's just me and another guy. Our town is just small enough that it's just the same people over and over, not much for new blood. My 17 year old cousin shows some interest, so this summer I am going to see what he can pick up, aside from that, the available tinter pool is a bunch of cholos and m*th addicts it seems.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy

b4 the economy went bad, I the first 2 years I worked here, I cleared about 80k each year salary. those times were great. now its not as much, but still up there

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

As an installer I usually took home between 600-1200 a week working for other people, but I would buy my own film and try to do at least a car a week for my own customers to make sure I took home close to 1000 a week.

As a biz owner it always varies. There is times when I've made more profit as an installer than owning my own biz, and then there is times when I've made some serious dough. I'm a small shop and like it that way. I specialize in quality and have almost zero redo's, and I would rather do 3-4 quality jobs a day than 10 slap and gap jobs a day. So my best month so far is about 20k and I profitted about 13k after paying the bills, film and helpers. But like I said there have been months where after I paid all the expenses for the biz I took home like 2k. So I'm all about saving money for rainy days now.

Guest filmslayer
I made $1502.00 last week.....for 1 week.... :phone

Check before that was $1670 and change.

Holla!

wasnt it you that asked for photocopies ?!? :lol2

the last shop I spent time in I cashed at least $900 wk. in the slow months ! question is ? can you get the # of cars a exp. installer can do every month ? I can do comfortably 5 cars a day thats 120 cars a month ?? :lol6

wasnt it you that asked for photocopies ?!? :lol6

Got 'em if You really want to see 'em. I'm not being a smart ass, but EVERYONE in this thread is saying "shop I used to work at" or "last year"....Kats wants to know what Ho's is making NOW! :lol2

You guys payin your taxes on these wages :phone

:imok Of Course LTL! :lol

Guest scottydosnntkno

last week I wrote myself a check for $849.54, which equates to about 35% of what I grossed that week. I like to invest back in my business, so 15% for taxes, 20% of whats left for the rainy day fund, 40% of whats left after that for the "company cut" which is rent, supplies, etc, and then whatever left is for me.

April was my most profitable month ever. I think having a shop is helping :lol6

Good news is that the detail company got bought out and is leaving after the 30th, so the 1st of the month I take over full ownership of the unit :phone For like 30% of what the landlord was asking for the places

Guest filmslayer
wasnt it you that asked for photocopies ?!? :lol

Got 'em if You really want to see 'em. I'm not being a smart ass, but EVERYONE in this thread is saying "shop I used to work at" or "last year"....Kats wants to know what Ho's is making NOW! :lol

I got 1099's that go back 10yrs that show a 75 grand avg. :dunno ya think thats what he's looking for ?

I got 1099's that go back 10yrs that show a 75 grand avg. :dunno ya think thats what he's looking for ?

I'm not askin' for proof, looks like some honest answers are comin' across.

We all kinda like to know where we are among the rest, but hesitate to ask.

I've wondered about it especially since that clown took the White House!

Me. As an employee. All flatglass. '08= 85k '09=78k This year is down considerably so far.

My side biz pushed my over the six figga mark both years. Including cars.

Thanks for all the input!

Archived