Thank you film manufacturers for nothing!

Kinda like years ago Llumar took there 5 year warranty film "AT" and took it to lifetime. THen the next year killed AT and called it ATC. THen brought in JT.

I deff see you point with the customer. If I had a relic of a vehicle, I probably would have showed up and talked about how great the job was and how long it lasted. I know its got a lifetime warranty but let me kick you a lil somin.

ATC is fairly new. I remember using AT when I started, then my boss got cheap and brought in JT (JET), that was some crap right there. no 20 in JT either. but jt's pretty old stuff. ATcharcoal or JTpurple?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must say, Madico was very good about paying for any film failures, did a lot in florida.....Here in CT it is so rare, I can remember 2 vehicles, both done in atr, but 1 customer came back after 8 years, and another 10, we didn't even bother with a manny, just replaced it.....

they are super rare. they are all jobs 7 years or older, pre colorchange warranty jobs.

just make sure you use a good film. no borderline stuff. it will bite you in the end and you'll probably be one of these guys complainin about warranties.

warranty jobs? what are those? I can count mine on one hand and I just redo them. no need to claim em IMO. if they have their paperwork I just do em. thats how rare they are to me

I know comebacks are relatively few and I fix plenty at my own cost like the majority of tinters around the world too but it doesn't change the principle ethics on why we bought this product in the first place.

It was no borderline film maker but Maddy and its film was the top of the line then Autolux 35% metalised lifetime warranty.

This happened also with their earlier release Performance Tint range the AG.

Fortunately I've not seen it in their Onyx film to date.

One thing I will give them credit for is that the glue never went off.

Devil

I must say, Madico was very good about paying for any film failures, did a lot in florida.....Here in CT it is so rare, I can remember 2 vehicles, both done in atr, but 1 customer came back after 8 years, and another 10, we didn't even bother with a manny, just replaced it.....

they are super rare. they are all jobs 7 years or older, pre colorchange warranty jobs.

just make sure you use a good film. no borderline stuff. it will bite you in the end and you'll probably be one of these guys complainin about warranties.

warranty jobs? what are those? I can count mine on one hand and I just redo them. no need to claim em IMO. if they have their paperwork I just do em. thats how rare they are to me

I know comebacks are relatively few and I fix plenty at my own cost like the majority of tinters around the world too but it doesn't change the principle ethics on why we bought this product in the first place.

It was no borderline film maker but Maddy and its film was the top of the line then Autolux 35% metalised lifetime warranty.

This happened also with their earlier release Performance Tint range the AG.

Fortunately I've not seen it in their Onyx film to date.

One thing I will give them credit for is that the glue never went off.

Devil

So what is the problem Dev? Did you submit a claim and have it rejected?

Kinda like years ago Llumar took there 5 year warranty film "AT" and took it to lifetime. THen the next year killed AT and called it ATC. THen brought in JT.

I deff see you point with the customer. If I had a relic of a vehicle, I probably would have showed up and talked about how great the job was and how long it lasted. I know its got a lifetime warranty but let me kick you a lil somin.

Jet was the first film I used way back 20 years ago. Your time frame's a little off.

did 2 R&R's today,,,,

1 customer had all paper work and necessary info in hand... <<< Talked to Dee in SD last week about the warranty work, I gave her the roll #'s over the phone in case there was a failure to communicate from one to another over there, this morning I sent everything to Dee by Fax,, have not heard back from her yet! ,, work is done now just waiting on payment from Solargard, btw how do they pay us now?? stock? check?

2 customer had No paper work at all, not even a shop receipt!!, but I know the film and how long ago it was done,, it was legal! just had the usual adhesive failure and timing is right on it!! every single car I tinted with this particular film will be bad!! adhesive and fade issue's .,you guys have seen a few through my pic's already., this film company HATE'S to hear from me because since they refuse to step up and cover us on atleast product to fix there film failure's I call them everytime and just politely give them another # amount to date!! really surprized that they haven't blocked my # yet :spit

so in "Reality" I did everything today for nothing!! no payment of any kind unless you want to count "Protecting my name" .

I don't anticipate any problems from Solargard on payment :hide

I'm doing whats right I guess,,, I really lean on just making it right with the customer when needed no matter the warranty out come

It's simple - turn in original receipt/hangtag and get reimbursed original amount you tinted the car for. No paperwork and your story is what it is --blah blah....

did 2 R&R's today,,,,

1 customer had all paper work and necessary info in hand... <<< Talked to Dee in SD last week about the warranty work, I gave her the roll #'s over the phone in case there was a failure to communicate from one to another over there, this morning I sent everything to Dee by Fax,, have not heard back from her yet! ,, work is done now just waiting on payment from Solargard, btw how do they pay us now?? stock? check?

2 customer had No paper work at all, not even a shop receipt!!, but I know the film and how long ago it was done,, it was legal! just had the usual adhesive failure and timing is right on it!! every single car I tinted with this particular film will be bad!! adhesive and fade issue's .,you guys have seen a few through my pic's already., this film company HATE'S to hear from me because since they refuse to step up and cover us on atleast product to fix there film failure's I call them everytime and just politely give them another # amount to date!! really surprized that they haven't blocked my # yet :spit

so in "Reality" I did everything today for nothing!! no payment of any kind unless you want to count "Protecting my name" .

I don't anticipate any problems from Solargard on payment :hide

I'm doing whats right I guess,,, I really lean on just making it right with the customer when needed no matter the warranty out come

It's simple - turn in original receipt/hangtag and get reimbursed original amount you tinted the car for. No paperwork and your story is what it is --blah blah....

Ah, but you are not completely correct...there are stil variables in the warranties that can get them out of paying for it.....

I don't anticipate any problems from Solargard on payment

Be careful you may be eating those words, :spit

Proper paperwork, legal install... I'll personally make sure its handled

Now THATS some funny chiat..............legal installs......if thats all everyone was doing, you would be out of business.........the mannys expect shops to put on whatever, SELL SELL SELL.......to make a buck, but then turn their backs on the same installer with the 'legal install' jargon. If NY tinters did all legal, there would be no film sold in that state. PERIOD. But, Mannys will still send out any film to all these shops, knowing to install it, it is illegal.....lets tell the truth, shall we...................

I don't anticipate any problems from Solargard on payment

Be careful you may be eating those words, :spit

Proper paperwork, legal install... I'll personally make sure its handled

Now THATS some funny chiat..............legal installs......if thats all everyone was doing, you would be out of business.........the mannys expect shops to put on whatever, SELL SELL SELL.......to make a buck, but then turn their backs on the same installer with the 'legal install' jargon. If NY tinters did all legal, there would be no film sold in that state. PERIOD. But, Mannys will still send out any film to all these shops, knowing to install it, it is illegal.....lets tell the truth, shall we...................

I stand by what I said, its a simple liability issue. Shops should not be offering a "manufacturers lifetime" warranty on an install that has clearly written on the warranty card that it won't cover illegal installs. I made that clear with all clients when I had my shop, you know what it builds credibility since you are the only guy showing "lifetime" cannot mean such unless its backed by the shop on illegal installs.

this migth be off topic but someone mentioned having your own warranty...

im in PA and it pretty much all illegal here....I do alot of 35 and 30%.....I was thinking of offering a warraty to do a two front door redo if the cops make you take off your tint.....pa is 70% all the way around on pass cars...but normally they only care about the two front...*knock on wood* we only get a few here and there cops that hassle peep about tint especially 35 or 30 so any comments on this?....like I said just thinking....like tintdude said like the ins companies do its a numbers game....

Archived