1993 Honda del sol

dbdreams

I have a 1993 Honda del sol to strip and tint tomorrow and it has been a long time since I have tinted one. It seems like the rear window was tricky but I honestly dont remember. Anyone who can offer reminders or advice would be much apprectiated.

Guest Darknesswithin

it has 3 windows... frameless doors even,, little rear glass is no problem,, just git-r done

nothing to it! could do this one in my sleep!! seriously easy as pie :thumb

I remember that the matix for the front quarters on the inside is very tight, can't remember if it could be trimmed or not. The back glass wasn't that bad, before I rolled the rear glass down for the top cut, I tapped the bottom edge and curled it up to bottom of the film, so the filmed did't get rolled up in the glass. The custy I did it for had walmart film on the OUTSIDE.... :thumb

Thanks guys, I "got'r done" it wasn't that bad other than the typical things you expect from a 17 year old car with purple tint. The back window was the on I was concerned about but it had been so long since I had done one I had forgotten excatly how it was. It reminds me of a smaller version of a back window on a toyota fourrunner. Anyway not a hard car but certainly not my favorite. Thanks for everything :lol

iv got one comming tues morning... kinda concerned about the back glass myself, I have never done one... im thinkin would it be easier to cut the tint from the insde with the hard top off? may be totally stupid question, but seems like it would be a little difficult to deal with the body molding pieces on the back on each side.. or do I just cut it like any other roll up/down?

Archived