Starting again in N. IL

Hello, I have been reading a lot of posts over the past few months and have learned a lot of new techniques. I used to tint approx. 15 years ago. I am starting to tint again because 3 months ago I had my 87 Grand National tinted at a local tint/stereo shop. The quality was horrible, I was able to see there fingerprint marks through the dust. C'mon really, isn't an 87 Grand national one of the easiest cars to tint? So I decided to start tinting again, the right way. I have a lot of respect for this skill based profession because I have seen many of men that cannot do this job.

Back when I was tinting you never dare use the heat gun directly on tint. Heat shrinking is a new tech. to me, hopefully practice will make perfect. We will see.

Thanks for this forum and any help from the members over the next few months.

Busyman

where at northern il?

I work in Gurnee. Are you from this area?

no im down by st louis, but my gf's parents are up near zion, i was just up there doing a few cars. coming back thanksgiving time i think for more cars.

actually was at old navy in gurnee yesterday.

i could stop by sometime, see whats up. i have about 30 cars under my belt

Harrypo53 - I was not busting your chops. Since I have just restarted tinting, I only have about 20 car under my belt. When I figure this forum out I will send you a pm with my cell# and we can meet up.

Booms - Im surprised that you are busting hopo's chops, aren't you a Moderator? We all have to start somewhere, I guarantee that no-one has started into this business with more than 100 cars under there belt. Im not saying, Im just saying!!! He is also half our age. I'm not trying to get off to a bad start here, I find this forum very helpful but you guys do come down hard on new guys.

Archived