Another 944, maybe scooter can chime in on howto do it under 4 hours&#

The ///Man

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quick question...is that black tape on along the top part of the back window?

If you don't do that you see that inch of plastic crap under the neath. :scotty

This one appeared to have been "reglued" along that area and all of the black paint was missinf too. I went ahead and cleaned off the couple little specks of black paine left and stretched black vinyl over the glass, then trimmed a 1" border along the top and tapered it to 1/2 inch on the side. I gave me some hiding area for when I went to tint it, and covered up the cruddy uneven urethane adhesive in that area. We had done something similar on the 1st one to hide a bunch of silicone someone shot up there and this time he asked me to do it again, but last time I did it in e strips of blackout film, this time is all one piece of vinyl.

That window is gravy, barely needs any shrink at all, 7 minute job tops. :scotty :lol2

Sorry SDK, couldn't resist. :thumb

imo 7 minutes is way too long,in fact i cant remember any backglass taking longer than 5 minutes to shrink using my scooter shrink method :lol2

Guest tintjackal
Looks nice, what all films did you give a try in trying to one piece it?

Got any suggestions for him?

Nope,just read on here where he had been trying some different films in the lst few months and had some questions pertaining to a few, just wondering which one he tried.

I couldnt do it in one peice and would definitely have trouble probably 2 peicing it. Ive seen them but never tried one.

Nope,just read on here where he had been trying some different films in the lst few months and had some questions pertaining to a few, just wondering which one he tried.

I couldnt do it in one peice and would definitely have trouble probably 2 peicing it. Ive seen them but never tried one.

Why not post up your stats? Age, exp. location... ? :facepalm

The last one I think was 21 ADC from advantage I believe, I would have to look at the invoice as it was a bit ago. I tried 1pc then, this time I tried it in the 20 ATR CH Llumar, I figured that the metallized film might take more heat than the ATC since ATC seems to shrink up pretty fast if you aren't paying attention.

Archived