4th Gen Camaro (1993-2002)

Guest hunter2hitman

1993-1997 for some reason is a real pain. I hope you have some sticky tint. Other than that, it looks funny but is actually pretty straight forward. Once you get the film on the glass you will see what to do, just don't do a lot of shrinking at the bottom or it will keep rolling back off.

I use a wet shrink style on those. Try to pull the film out on the sides at about the middle of the horizontal line. Then work the film as flat on the sides as you can top to bottom. When you have the film anchored like that you will have a couple fingers at the top and a large "pocket" in the dove tail middle bottom. I have seen fingers running down to the bottom on a few of those Camaros.

Blow heat over the "pocket" and start to work it down with your hand. It should lay down and then you can work on any small fingers that might be there.

I do a reverse roll and lay it down on the inside nice and easy....used to carry it in to the car in one big mess....

As was said, they are not that bad...not what they look like they would be....

Oh, I tackled the Camaro as my first one piece tint job back 12 years ago....because I had heard how hard they were....I tried to dry shrink them and got my ass kicked many times. After I learned to do them wet and how to work it out then it worked out so much better.

Guest scottydosnntkno
With 1 year exp. stay away.

I did quite a few since I'm friends with a lot of the local f-body guys with only a year of experience.

i do wayyy more than my share because i sponsor a big f-body forum in the midwest.

now ,their the easiest car out there :)

Archived