Ticket issue. Advice???

Guest edwardd527

You should have a waiver that all customers sign (part of the receipt) that says they take all liability for the vehicle. It shouldn't be to hard to do, if you know a lawyer have them check it out for you to make sure it's legit and will hold up in court. Any half-decent attorney should be able to do this for you in 5 minutes.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you receipt this job ? I know a guy who years ago had a lady sign a waiver for 5% all around. She turned around and took him to court, saying that her car was all scratched up. He ended up having to pay like $600 when all was said and done. If you are gonna tint illegal, NO PAPER TRAIL !!! CASH ONLY NO RECEIPT !!! And just tell your customer you can get tickets for it, and you are not liable for that. I would say if you havce a paper trail, just redo the work , because it could turn into far more than you want to deal with.

:beer brilliant reply.....a real credit to our industry.....

Dude , I did not say I agree with it or not. Its not my responsiblity to be the moral f***ing compass for society. I only gave my adivece to say if your going to tint illegal, dont put yourself out. Its their choice, and their stupidity. Me personally, my vehicle is legal , and I always steer peole in the right direction. I am just saying to do something blatently legal, and then give the paperwork, puts you in a awkward situation. I do plenty for this industry, but as you know, they are going to get it done somewhere. So this is his choice , not mine.

And what I was saying was:

Telling someone "if you are gonna tint illegal, NO PAPER TRAIL!!! CASH ONLY NO RECEIPT!!!" is not a credit to our industry....just like telling a doctor how to get prescription pills to a druggie without leaving a trail, would not be a credit to his industry.

:beer

Telling someone "if you are gonna tint illegal, NO PAPER TRAIL!!! CASH ONLY NO RECEIPT!!!" is not a credit to our industry....just like telling a doctor how to get prescription pills to a druggie without leaving a trail, would not be a credit to his industry.

:dunno

[/quot

Slick , whatever you say must naturally be right. But you know what, I look around and see 3 out of 10 cars are darker than legal. Kinda like drugs, do the penalties really add up with the crime ? just my opinion. And by the way , the company I work for does not tint illegal, and we try to do the right thing by customers everytime. I still stand by what i say though, if you are going to do it , dont put yourself out.

Slick , whatever you say must naturally be right. But you know what, I look around and see 3 out of 10 cars are darker than legal. Kinda like drugs, do the penalties really add up with the crime ? just my opinion. And by the way , the company I work for does not tint illegal, and we try to do the right thing by customers everytime. I still stand by what i say though, if you are going to do it , dont put yourself out.

K dude.....whatever ya gotta do to justify. :lol2

K dude.....whatever ya gotta do to justify. :lol2

Dude, I am saying I agree with you . The post was Tinting ticket ? advice ? I gave my advice from waht i know has happened to others. If a person buys a product and uses it improperly, and the outcome is wrong, should the manufacturer be held liable ? NO. And same with window film. The problem was , he gave a receipt and acknowledged what he did, even if it was unknowing.

Guest edwardd527
how do they even make a 47' long piece of glass

It was an opening of 47 ft. consisting of 16 panes or something like that(silicone joint)... Done for the government with regard to bomb blast mitigation. The result was as clean as I expected but in the end the install was not going to meet the mitigation specifications and I was unhappy with the "moral dilemma" I was left to face.

The us gov must have approved that doing one price of film on the entire opening was their best alternative.at the time I fealty that I should have hired a lawyer to write a contact waiving my liability of the install.

But either way 59",6 mill, 47 feet 1 Iman and a laborer I paid 30$ to stay late (he sprayed for me)

Guest fredstinting

HAVE YOU EVER METER JUST THE SUNTEK FILM MAYBE THE FILM IS MUCH DARKER THAN 35% THEN WHEN YOU INSTALL THE FILM .THE FACTORY COLOR IN THE WINDOW AND THE SUNTEK 35% BECOMES DARKER THAN IT SHOULD AND TO CHECK THAT USE A METER . MIGHT HAVE TO USE A LIGHT FILM LIKE 50% ON THE CAR TO BE LEGAL

SO ONCE INSTALLED THE FACTORY COLOR IN THE WINDOW DOESNT MAKE THE FINISH VLT BELOW THE LEGAL LIMIT

Archived